Friday, April 15, 2011

Just the 5QF today

Yeah...not feeling the Random Friday list today.  Taking a hiatus.

But, I love me some 5QF.

 
 
1. What is your favorite sign of spring?


Between the extra sun light, birds chirping, and crocus buds coming up...all of it!

My least favorite sign?  AHCHOO!  Allergies.  Small price to pay for some spring goodness, though.

2. What was your best birthday ever?

They're all good.  My 21st, I was humbled since my friends literally packed the bar to celebrate.  Seriously - we hit capacity.  Some older co-workers even got babysitters for their kids to come out and celebrate.  It made me feel very loved.

My 30th was met by a small surprise party from a friend of mine.  I really apprecitated the effort that went into it, and I appreciated that it wasn't a huge to-do. 

Every year, though is a great birthday.  Beats NOT having a birthday.  :)


3. What is your favorite dessert?
Ummm...I should say none because they don't necessarily agree with my eating plan.

But, I'm a sucker for some ice cream.  Which is why we have none in the house.  :)

4. What is the best excuse you've ever used to get out of a ticket?

Who me?  Get out of a ticket?  Nevah....

I've never really used an excuse.  I usually fess up to the fact that I knew I was going fast, but didn't realize how fast because I didn't look at the spedometer.  Everytime I've said that, I've gotten out of the ticket.  The cops all say, "We really appreciate your honesty." 

Honesty:  it pays.

5. Do you wake up before your alarm, with your alarm, or after hitting snooze several times?

I don't use an alarm.  At all.  I usually tell myself when I want to wake up in the morning before I fall asleep, and that's usually when I wake- within 5 minutes.

If I don't tell myself when to wake up, I'm usually up between 6:40 and 7am.

It's important for people with adrenal issues NOT to wake to an alarm.  Starting the day with an endorphin jolt is NOT healthy and sets up the day for a doozie.

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Leaving some <3 from 5 ? Friday! New follower! Happy Friday!

Anonymous said...

Well, you are better than I am, because I totally fudged the truth to get out of my ticket (does it make it better that the first time I was pulled over, on my way to church, I totally got a ticket?)

Sandy S. said...

Allergies are my least favorite thing about spring too...mine knocked me on my bum last night and I couldn't find my allergy pills...found them this morning in the medicine cabinet that I searched last night. Oops!

And same thing with me on the ticket...both times I've been pulled over were for tabs and I just said "oops, didn't realize!" and they let me go with a reminder to renew them!

Mama M. said...

I hear ya on the allergies!! And, yeah...one of my least favorite things about alarms...that jolt it gives you! Although, to be honest, I usually hear the alarm kick on before the alarm actually goes off...does that make sense?!

I forgot about my 30th! That was a great b-day too...my hubs threw me a surprise party (I kinda suspected) and it was so much fun!!

Unknown said...

Love your About Me, Love the pics of gorgeous family, Love the adding on to whatcha' got mentality. :) Sending lots of love from the 5QF.
http://southernfriedgreenmom.blogspot.com/
Staying Home and Staying Sane

Julie said...

I love Q&A's. I hit the snooze at least once, mostly twice.
Birthdays here are just another day, a little present here or there but that's about all. No compliants just is.
Thank you for stopping by. Take care and God Bless!!