My name is Sandy, I am the author of this blog. I originally started this blog to keep family and friends updated on our Love Shack. Since this saga is taking longer that orignally anticipated, I started writing about the boys and everything else going on in our lives. I am a 30-something mother of two boys. I choose to be a positive person- trying to find the positive side of any situation. I also choose to have a thankful heart. I'm gluten free, dairy free, debt free and should be worry free- but I'm working on that last one. I'm on a quest to live a healthy life,a nd hopefully loose a bunch of weight in the process. I frequentlyalways use sarcasm as a way to communicate. I'm a fly by the seat of my pants kind of person who loves to laugh and have fun. I love meeting new people and making new friends.
D is my husband and quite possibly the most hard-working honest man I have ever met. He's also the best, most meticulous carpenter...ever. Routine based and list making, D strives everyday to find a healthy balance between owning his own construction company and our family. He does a pretty good job too! The thing I love most about this man is the fact that he has a servant's heart. He's always willing to help another brother- or sister-in-Christ out. He's constantly looking outside himself and our family to help those in need. He believes in living an honest, simple living...and I couldn't respect that more. To read more about my awesome husband (and see what is probably my most favorite blog posting ever), click here.
A. --first grade
--sensitive and caring
I am a carpenter's wife.
I am THE Carpenter's child.
As a wife, I'm supportive, uplifting, and try not to complain that I'm living in the middle of a construction site.
As THE Carpenter's child, I am submissive, humble, and in awe of the Savior. And I try not to complain that I'm in the middle of His Construction.
Each year, we grow and change, just like any construction site. Eventually, we get to our goal of a finished product. In the meantime, please pardon my dust. I am under construction.
Thank you for visiting our site today, we'd love to have you join us on the journey.
In spring 2005, we shoe-horned our family of 3 (and a 100 pound dog) into the 780 sq. ft. house. SEVEN years of stuff and another son later, we're in the new side! An unexpected pregnancy pushed our progress even faster, and now the old side has been torn down, and is currently being rebuilt to accommodate our GROWING family! Updates come frequently, so be sure to keep stopping by for new pictures.
1. Have a garage sale.
2. Organize boxes in the garage.
3. Find bunkbeds for the boys for under $100.
4. Expand garden.
5. Get trees cut down.
6. Clean out broken toys from toy boxes and sand box
7. Clean out my sock drawer and discard holey socks
8. Purchase light fixture for front porch
9. Add more sand to the sandbox
10. Spray the yard for bugs
11. Devise a strategy to increase SCRIP use.
12. Meet or exceed weekly audit goal for 4 weeks straight (6/4)
13. Gather information for MOPS crafts and form schedule.
14. Start blog or website for D's D&J portfolio
15. Set up schedule for working this summer and stick to it
16. Find a secondary way to earn additional income.
17. Set up a successful PTL budget with committee leaders in place.
18. Clean out SCRIP boxes- at church and at home
19. Organize work projects into folders
20. Start a prayer journal
21. Refrain from yelling for three days straight (includes boys, dog and husband) (0/3)
22. Think ONLY positive thoughts and say positive things for 3 days straight (0/3)
23. Attend one seminar focused on improving some aspect of my life.
24. Finish the Ministry of Motherhood and apply to daily living
HEALTH & FITNESS:
25. Stick to uber healthy eating plan for 7 consecutive days (no cheating!) (7/7)
26. Work out three times in one week (3/3)
27. Work out 3x/week for 4 consecutive weeks (4/4)
28. Join a class designed to help me learn about healthy living
29. Drink 4 purple jugs of water every day for 7 days (7/7)
30. Research and obtain healthy and effective cleaners for the house.
31. Get A's hearing tested.
32. Visit the farmer's market.
33. Go for a family walk 4 Sundays (1/4)
34. Give up sugar for 14 consecutive days (14/14)
35. Play a game of kickball
36. Give up pop (again) for 3 weeks (3/3)
37. Get my old rollerblades out and use them
38. Surprise my kids once a week for four weeks (1/4)
39. Make decision about A's school for next year
40. Teach A to ride a two-wheeler
41. Assemble A's computer and load educational games
42. Research and order reading cirriculum for the summer
43. Start C's scrapbook
44. Help the boys start their own garden
45. Enroll C in a sport
46. Enroll A in one activity
47. Build a fort with the boys
48. Run through the sprinklers with the boys
49. Visit a zoo that we've never been to before
50. Teach A all the lower case letters
51. Start A on FPU Jr.
52. Find a summer hat that C will keep on his head!
53. Allow A to help me cook/ bake something in the kitchen
54. Help A with his first loose tooth
55. Figure out 5 ways to show my husband I love and respect him.
56. Take a friend out for coffee
57. Send a card to a friend- just because
58. Meet Elliot T.
59. Find someone starting a business and support them
60. Have a friend or family member over for dinner
61. Have dinner with Jeannie three times (3/3)
62. Reconnect with an old friend I've lost touch with
63. Go for drinks with Karen
64. Go out on a date with D
65. Invite 3 friends to the zoo (3/3)
66. Visit the Hulsts
67. Have a family bonfire
68. Visit an outlet mall with a friend
69. Start a family movie/pizza night
70. Have a Girl's night out with Rochelle
71. Take A on a mommy-and-me date
THINGS I SHOULD ALREADY BE DOING:
72. Visit the dentist.
73. Update checking ledger everyday for 30 consecutive days (30/30)
74. Plan dinners for 2 consecutive weeks (4/2)
75. Clean my jewelry
76. Back up all my digital photos
OUT OF MY COMFORT ZONE:
77. Introduce myself to every person on our street
78. Call in to a radio talk show
79. Learn how to knit
80. Sell something on Craigslist or ebay.
81. Invite someone to church with us
82. Unplug the TV for 2 consecutive days (0/2)
JUST FOR FUN:
83. Get a new hair style
84. Go camping with the boys
85. Plan a family vacation for next year
86. Get a pedicure
87. Find a pretty collar for Molly
88. Go fishing
89. Drive all the way around Lake Michigan.
90. Get a family picture taken
91. Get a massage
92. See a chick flick in the theater (popcorn optional)
93. Read The Time Traveler's Wife.
94. Find fun sunglasses for the summer
95. Have a professional make-up consultation
96. Read a fictional romance novel
97. Go bowling
98. Watch fireworks
99. Take the boys on a roadtrip
100. Find the perfect shade of lipstick
101. SECRET GOAL. This goal will be announced once it has been achieved. A group of select people will be made aware of this goal and will help me get there. NOT SO SECRET ANYMORE! COMPLETE A 5K!!! I DID IT!!!!