This is me; a not-so-hot mess.
I'd say I'm a "hot" mess... but my bloodshot eyes, yoga pants, ponytail, and sweatshirt would suggest otherwise.
Hence, the "not-so."
I had a conversation the other day with someone who (occasionally) reads my blog. She laid into the mommy-bloggers who act like they have it all together.
She lumped me into this category.
I laughed out loud.
And not one of those, "hehe...I fooled you" demure type giggles...
...a full-belly, tilt-the-head-back LAUGH.
Then, I asked, "Have you REALLY read my blog???"
So... in case you think I have it all together...
a..or in case you feel like you need to "keep up" this Christmas season,
I'm going to give you a current state of affairs in the PMD house... and you'll feel better about yourself.
Yes, I'm a giver. Consider it my Christmas present to you:
- First... THIS is my Christmas tree. My UNlit, pre-lit Christmas tree.
- My undecorated unlit pre lit Christmas tree.
- I had the brilliant idea to de-wire the unlit part, but the wires are all interconnected....
- So, there is a PILE of wires under the tree- still attached to the tree, but hidden by the tree skirt.
- I purchased 2 boxes of lights to fill the top, but that wasn't enough... so there's a row or two of tree with no lights. Good enough.
- My boys are singing in the school Christmas service. I'm not sure when the service is- or when practice is.
- There are two basketball games this week. And a tournament on Fri/Sat. I have no idea how many kids are playing- or the exact address of any of the games.
- Our outdoor decorations are laying in a heap on our front porch. Next to our backwards welcome mat. So, if you leave our house..." Welcome to the outdoors."
- I have no scotch tape. I'm using packing tape to put things together currently. It's a tad on the "overkill" side... but you know- secure presents are happy presents. Right?
- I'm wearing yoga pants and a sweatshirt because I have a bunch of laundry to do. And by bunch, I mean.... about 12 loads. Not kidding. The lack of make-up is just sheer laziness. But I should be wearing it- not for vanity, but a s a public service. (Moms, avert your children's eyes...)
- My house is a mess.
- We did 3 advent devotions yesterday to make up for some of the days we missed. It's like Advent Cliff's Notes.
- I decided to make my Godchildren's ornaments this year. Only, I need to FINISH them and send them out. BEFORE their families take their Christmas trees DOWN would be really beneficial.
- I haven't sent our out-of-town family's presents out to them. At this point, I think I need to write "Happy New Year" on the box.
- I'm feeding my boys Lunchables for the week. Yes, I've given up on life.
- Somewhere in the midst of it all, A. has a birthday. And birthday presentations at school... and special person's visit, and and and...a party on Saturday. Which will be fun- and they may have to overlook the spots on my floors.
- I am missing some very important addresses for my Christmas cards. Like, best friend addresses. I KNOW I wrote them down once upon a time... but they're not in my address book. How do you send a note like "Hey... we've been best friends for 20 years now... and I still can't find your address.". Yeah.
- I found my nephew's birthday card under my Christmas card pile. His birthday was earlier...LAST month. Winning.
- I still have no birthday gift for A.
-Planning for the auction event I'm coordinating should have been well-underway by now. (at least, in my mind...). And it's not. And I'm having anxiety about this.
So... here you go. A not-so-hot mommy blogger
Who certainly does NOT have it all together.
And I hope you feel better about yourself at this very moment. :)