Wednesday, July 28, 2010

List item #25- Stick to uber healthy eating plan (NO CHEATING)

Oh, my friends...

...this list item has been looming in front of me for some time.

But...what's funny is that when I wrote this list, I really didn't know the total defination of
uber healthy eating.

Then I started this Nutrition class.

(with a weight loss challenge in it...think: Biggest Loser)

And I totally learned what nutrition was really all about.

And how wrong I was about eating in the first place.

Oh, how I was wrong.

I thought healthy living and dieting was all about how much I could restrict...and still live.

I was down to 750 calories a day (on average...sometimes it was up to 1000).

Tops 15 grams of protein.

Diet pop. (yes, here in Michigan, it's pop).

That's it.

Oh, how I hated living then.

I was weak, and unwell.

And now, I'm so grateful to be on the right track to wellness.

I'm getting answers to my questions.

I understand what an uber healthy eating plan looks like.

And guess what?

It's not so hard to stick too.

Especially when I have an accountability partner.

Who keeps it fun.

And challenging.

What did the week look like?

Here were the rules:

Hit protein target EVERY DAY!
(this is a lot of eating, friends)

Hit water target EVERY DAY!
(this is a lot of drinking, friends)

No sugar, nothing manufactured, nothing refined.

Snacks need to include protein and nothing manufactured.


And that was it.

I've never eaten more in my life.
(honestly, it's kinda hard to hit my protein target everyday...that's a lot of food!)

I was satisfied all the time.

I was sleeping well.

I felt good.

And at the end of a week of all that eating?

I was down 2.6 pounds.

So, yeah...I'll take that.  :)

Thanks, Melody!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Woot Woot! GO Sandy! :) I'd love to hear your list of protein packed snacks. I need some ideas. :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I've been trying to get myself to my pre-pregnancy self, but it's so difficult to carve time out just for me and not make excuses! Congrats on the 2.6 pounds and the extra that is coming in the future!

I'm your newest follower!

Also, I'm having a giveaway for a $50 GC for bra/shapewear...if you're interested, you can check it out here!
http://discoveringthemeinmommy.blogspot.com/2010/07/n-fini-review-and-giveaway.html

Happy Friday!

Sunny said...

Envy, envy, envy!!!! Would that I could do that - sigh. Of course, it would help if I really tried wouldn't it. Keep it up and keep posting, maybe it will help someone (me) to do better. By the way, what is uber?