Monday, July 5, 2010

3+7

Happy post-holiday holiday day!


I hope you all had a happy and pleasant 4th of July.

Here's a quick update on what we did:

D. was installing a ceiling fan Saturday morning, so he arrived shortly before the bike parade began.  No worries, though!  Uncle Matt and cousin, J. came over for some festivities.  Matt rode the bike with the littles in the trailer while A. rode his decorated bike.
D. returned in just enough time to walk along and keep an eye on A.
(note the work attire and tape measure...mmmm...I loves me a man in "uniform")

My little All American Boy

This next one makes me laugh out loud every time I see it.
A sad little attempt at a self-portrait here.


Then, we had D's parents over.  This is kind of a catch up from Father's Day and a gosh-we-haven't-seen-you-in-awhile get together.  In addition to that, there was another celebration I wanted them to be a part of.

3+7

What's that?!?!?

Well, 7 years ago, this week (on the 7th), my husband quit his designer job to go to work full time by himself.  Seven years ago, he made the leap of faith that some people only dream about.

Seven years later, he is still consistently busy.

He has yet to advertise.

All word of mouth.

I wanted my in-laws here to help us celebrate this awesome accomplishment.

What about the 3?

Prior to going full time, he did side jobs on evenings and weekends (part time) for 3 years in order to build up a strong customer base and purchase necessary tools on a cash basis.

So, yes...here's where I toot his horn.  I'm so proud of him.
I'm proud of the work he does.
I'm proud of his servant's heart.

(but don't tell him how much I gush about him here- he'll get all embarrased)


What did I get him to celebrate this occasion?

Hats.
He wears them all the time.
He goes through them quickly.

And, the embroidered hats aren't cheap.
I needed a celebratory reason to spend that much money.  :)

Papa got a silver one. 

Dave got two kahki ones.

The boys each got a blue one.

A. didn't want to participate, so grandma stepped in to model.


D. has four-trey on the side of his.
The boys have four-trey Gen. 2.

(the four trey thing is a relatively long story.)

We also celebrated with a game of baseball.

climbing....
And, of course, fireworks....

If you're reading this and you're one of D's customers- Thank you for your business.  Thank you for trusting him to work on your homes.  Thank you for being part of his success.

It was wonderful to celebrate the freedom to own your own business on our 4th of July- a day to celebrate all our freedoms in America.

6 comments:

The Leader said...

I left you an award on www.jessielynnsmith.com

Kathy said...

Awesome post Sandy! You have so many reasons to be proud of Dave. I love the hats! And holy cow does Dave look like his dad in that picture! And I seriously thought it was Marianne at first not Linda, they've got some strong genes! :)

Pen to Paper; Spirit to Soul said...

Looks like y'all had a terrific 4th, er 7th, celebration!!! Congratulations!!!

Parenting in blue jeans said...

That's worth celebrating...had no idea! Wowzas!

Brittney said...

Aw, what a lovely post! Your family is so cute!

mrsmarkdave said...

What a sign that your husband is following the plan that God has for him. You are very blessed.

And what a blessed man he is to have a wife that supports him as you do and are so proud of him. A man needs that!