Friday, February 3, 2012

5QF

1. What have you done recently that you are proud of?


I have trusted people.  Trust doesn't come easy to me, and trusting others is truly difficult.  In the past, trusting people has meant that I've been taken advantage of, disappointed and hurt.  Now...not so much.  The people that God has placed in my life are just seriously the best ever.

I have also not given up.  I'm seriously HOVERING right above a large weight loss goal.  I've been here before (a few times), and hit a plateau.....and given up.  Only to go soaring back up on the scale.  I've been hovering at this weight (give or take 1.3 pounds) for 4 weeks now.  By golly...this time I'm NOT giving up.  I WILL brake this plateau.  I've hung in here for 4 weeks....I'm going to see this through.  I'll beat this puppy.

2. What is your favorite way to work out? Or if you don't workout, what are you wanting to try?

I've recently discovered Just Dance games on the wii.  The third one is my favorite so far (Take on Me, anyone!?!?!?!?).  I totally kick up a sweat, and I don't even realize I've been exercising until 25 minutes into it.

I've also found that I've been missing running lately.  I liked the calorie burn I got from running.  I could really rack them up.  And that feeling of accomplishment by setting a goal and reaching it...it was awesome.  So...perhaps I'll be carving out some running time in the near future sooner than later.  :)

3. If you knew you best friend was cheating on spouse would you tell?

I'd probably bring it to the best friend first and figure what in the world would make her do something like that.  Sitting by idly isn't really in my personality.

4. If you could afford a live-in maid or nanny, would you have one?

Not a live-in, no.  This life is my responsibility, and raising my children is my responsibility.  There's something to scrubbing your house clean.  Even though I HATE doing it, the satisfaction of maintaining your own property is a good thing.

Could I just have a part time babysitter available at my whim so I could go grocery shopping alone?  And someone to clean my floors.  That's all I need.

5. Do you stress out about birthdays (specifically the age) or do you enjoy them?

I have one way to look at birthdays:

It beats NOT having one.

I'm really realizing that some things just get better with age.  35 is a really, really, really fun age to be.

And, a bonus question from Scott: (Or something...)
Bonus: Lights off or on?

Yes.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your final "yes" made me laugh OUT loud!

Sarann said...

Good list, I'll have to get one of those Just Dance games, sounds like a fun way to workout. Have a great weekend!

Big Fat Gini said...

Okay, you're like the fifteenth person who's said they love Just Dance for the Wii, so I guess I'm gonna have to break down and do it.

And. Of course. I would have totally answered the same way to all of those.

Mama M. said...

"Yes"...HA!! Love.

Do you do the "Just Sweat" option? I love it. Need to get back in the saddle...oh, and the Simon Says option? So much fun!