Wednesday, March 3, 2010

10 Years Ago...

My last post got me thinking...

I kept thinking how much will change in the course of a decade.

Then it got me thinking of how much had changed in the 10 years previous...

So, this is my 10 years ago post!

March 3, 2000


I am 23 years old.  Last year, I graduated from Grand Valley State University with a BBA (Marketing and Management Emphasis').  I completed my Product Marketing Internship at Haworth and started my first "real" job at another smaller office furniture manufacturer just two months ago.  So far, I'm not enjoying it as much as I had anticipated.  I don't think I'm cut out for "office politics."  I'm too blunt and call it like I see it.  Not something that the 'good old boys' are big fans of.  In addition, my boss frequently impersonates female genetalia with his mouth and tongue.  Makes me want to barf.  In addition, he doesn't wash his hands after using the restroom and just touched my pen.  I said he could have it- I'm not touching it again.  ever.  This is not a long term gig.  NeoCon is approaching quickly in Chicago- which is keeping me extremely busy- and hopefully far away from my disgusting boss.

I am dating a guy named Dave that I think could be "the one."  We've been dating for 4 1/2 months now, and he's already told me he loves me and is using words like "someday..."  "in the future..." and "kids".  He's nice, funny, courteous, honest, hard-working, and not to mention HOT.  He owns his own house and rents out the loft and basement to friends to help out with mortgage payments.  He works as a designer by day and does odd carpentry jobs a few nights a week.  He hopes to own his own business some day.  He  is also taking a few classes at the local college.  He's one busy guy.  Dave's from a big family, and they are all really nice too.  He's got an adorable niece who was born 5 months ago- I'm crazy about her. 

He's introduced me to a financial guy named Dave Ramsey.  I'm reading his book.  This guy makes sense.

  Darnit. 

Now I'm convicted to get rid of all my credit cards and pay off my car.  Dave doesn't know I'm doing this yet.  I will let him know as soon as I own my car.  Right now we've fallen into a great routine of seeing each other every Wednesday night (he comes my way) and Saturday nights (I head into the city to see him).  He's got me going to church again.  It's an interesting church we go to together.  Charasmatic and multi-cultural.  The music leader is awesome.   Nice for the short term, but not so much long term.  We'll see what happens.

My parents and I are taking a trip in June, and taking Dave with us.  We're looking forward to going to Europe to see my brother, his wife and their one year old son.  They're stationed at the Bitberg AFB there.  The pictures we've seen are beautiful!  We have quite a trip planned to tour the continent, and I cannot wait!  I also am thrilled to the gills to see my nephew!

My best friend is getting married in less than a month, and I am serving as her maid-of-honor.  We have many festivities to attend between now and then.  I'm sad that she'll be heading to Fort Wayne after she's married.  I love having her so close.

Most of my days are spent working, tanning, shopping and hanging out with friends.  I have few responsibilities, and I like it that way.  I'm enjoying my freedom and love having fun.


Well, if you're reading this, you've been tagged to join the fun!

3 comments:

Thomas and Jamie said...

Sandy - I took your challenge and posted about 10 years ago for me!! LOVED reading yours and thanks for reminding me about the good times back then!!

Lafe's Hidden Treasures said...

Those were the days my friend. A really great read.

Brittney said...

How fun! I don't think I could remember 10 years ago. I have a terrible memory!