Monday, November 4, 2013

Helpful hint: dealing with Halloween Candy

Are you sick of the incessant BEGGING for Halloween candy yet?


Are you sick of the crazed constant-hyper sugar rush?


Seriously...I'm about desperate to get this crap out of my house.


I've taken to smuggling a few of the crappy pieces out in the garbage...


...I got caught.

You'd think I was an informer for the Gishtapo from the looks I got.
 
 
 
I found Operation Gratitude that we'll be sending some candy off to.
 
 
But I also want to be mindful of the boys' wants and desires.
 
 
After all, A. RAN for 80 minutes straight for candy.
 
 
RAN.
 
 
This was obviously something that meant a lot for him to put an effort forth.
 
 
 
So, we're devising a plan....a strategy, perhaps...to share this candy with others.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Papa Ken LOVES Snickers. 
 
 
He'll be hunting with Papa Ken in a few short weeks.
 
 
 
 
So, he put all the Snickers in a plastic bag and popped them in the freezer.
Next stop:  deer camp.
 
 
(Read:  NOT my hips)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Next up:  The rest of the darned chocolate.
 
 
This strategy I've employed for the last few years...and had a HIGH rate of return on it.
 
 
Save it for s'mores.
 
 
That's right.
 
 
 
 
Take the meltable chocolate, place it in a ziplock, and freeze it until next summer.
 
 
(Yes, Reese's Peanut Butter cups make the MOST amazing s'more...if you haven't had one, you don't know what you're missing.)
 
 
This way, most of the Halloween candy is widdled down, and the good stuff will get eaten by them....
 
 
.....eventually.
 
 
 
And you save a buck or two come spring.
 
 
 
Win/ win, right???

No comments: