Thursday, January 12, 2012

Name that movie revealed!

Ok...so no one's loosing sleep, but I thought I'd answer the quiz.

And now you are about to realize what a movie nerd we are....


1. "I've never been so happy in my whole life!"


Sixteen Candles.  Said by the Donger at the party.  "I've never been so happy in my whole life.  Now I have a place to put my hand."


2. "Catch you on the flip side"

Apollo 13.  Said by Keven Bacon's character as they used the moon's gravity to slingshot them back to earth.  They lost sight and radio communication while they were on the other side of the moon, and Kevin Bacon says, "So long Earth, catch you on the flip side."

I say this phrase every night to the boys when we tuck them in.  "Sleep tight...catch you on the flip side."


3. "Where is my AUTOmobile?" "AUTOMOBILE?!?!?!?!"

Sixteen Candles
"Dong...(clap, clap) .....DONG.....Where is my Automobile?!?!?!"
"AUTOMOBILE!?!?!?!?  (car sounds)  (crashing sounds)  lake.  big lake"

I say this phrase every time I leave the store/mall/school and I can't remember right away where I parked.

Yes, I think I'm funny....why do you ask?


4. "There's no crying in baseball. THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL!"


League of their Own.

I'm a pretty big Tom Hanks fan, yes...but his lines in this movie were classic daily-quote-material.  This one started when A. was a baby and he had a little baseball players outfit.  Everytime he wore it and cried, I'd say this phrase, and it just snowballed into everything else.

"There's no crying in the van...."  "There's no crying at dinner...." 

You get my point here, right?

5. "Jump.back."


Footloose.  One of my favorite movies.  Said by Kevin Bacon (Wren) as Willard told him about laws outlawing dancing.  D and I say this to each other all the time.  It's a GREAT replacement for anything related to O.M. G.


6. "Yes indeedy, he does the dishes and helps with the laundry. You BETCHA!"


Again, Sixteen Candles.  This said at the dinner table while everyone's looking strangely at the Donger as he eats a quiche ("How you spell?"  "Well, you don't spell it son, you EAT it."  more quotes...sorry).

We love this movie....can you tell?

7. "What did David do? .... What did David do?"


Footloose again.  Said by Wren as he takes on the town council.  He used biblical examples to show the council that dancing wasn't only a prelude to fornication.

(Sorry I said fornication on my blog)

8. "I have a very low tolerance for dehydration."

Breakfast Club.  Said by Claire (Molly Ringwald) when they were talking about milk being made available to the students for lunch.


9. "What ever I want to do, GOSH!"

Yes, much to my chagrin, we do quote Napoleon Dynamite in our house.  This is mostly the one we use, but sometimes....on rare occasions, there is the perfect opportunity to pull one of these out.


10. "Did you mom marry Mr. Rogers?" "No, Mr. Johnson"

Again, the Breakfast Club.  During the lunch hour, one student had all five food groups represented in his paper sack.  Can you guess which character it was?

1 comment:

Joy and Randy said...

I will admit, I don't know his character's name...but he was played by AMH right?