For anyone that's met my husband and I, it's no secret that we kinda speak a weird language of our own.
It's movie language.
You see, BK* we used to LOVE watching movies together.
And then we watch the ones we loved over and over and over again.
Lines from those movies are forever burned into our cerebral cortex.
Those lines flow like honey into our daily conversations.
Not only with each other, but with others as well.
Other movie buffs get this...and can throw it back (which I LOVE)
Others kinda look at us with cocked heads and a furl in their brow. Sigh.
Ok, below you'll find a list of the most commonly quoted lines in our house.
Can you guess what movie their from?
1. "I've never been so happy in my whole life!"
2. "Catch you on the flip side" As evidenced here.
3. "Where is my AUTOmobile?" "AUTOMOBILE?!?!?!?!"
4. "There's no crying in baseball. THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL!"
6. "Yes indeedy, he helps with the dishes and does the laundry. You BETCHA!"
7. "What did David do? .... What did David do?"
8. "I have a very low tolerance for dehydration."
9. "What ever I want to do, GOSH!"
10. "Did you mom marry Mr. Rogers?" "No, Mr. Johnson"
And...here's the bonus question....if you can guess this movie, you will win the grand prize**
"You know, they don't make enough meat on a stick"
**The grand prize is this: my complete and utter fanfare. You see, I've been quoting this movie line for over 8 years, and I CANNOT remember (for the life of me!) which movie this is from. I haven't slept since. I may need therapy.
I promise to post answers tomorrow. Just in case you can't place these movie lines, and you start quoting them...and then you won't be able to sleep....I promise not to do that to you. :)