Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Tuesday Miscellany

It's the Tuesday before Christmas...

I have nothing on my mind, and I have everything on my mind (and to do list) at the same time.

Which means there's no room left in this brain of mine to compose a coordinating blog post.

Miscellany seems to fit the bill of my mind....so, we'll go with that.

1.  I have come to a point in my life that I'm realizing the friends I've let go of weren't really the greatest friends to begin with.  The friends I have in my life now are the ones I want there.  They support me, pray for me, give great hugs, and are a boatload of fun to hang out with.  I dig them.

2.  Wipeout is, by far, one of my favorite game shows.  They pull all these super annoying people on there....(you know, the kind of people you'd slap across the face if you met in real life?) and they hit them and make them run into large objects at full speed. 

3.  German web sites are hard to navigate when you don't sprekense duetsch.

4.  Friends are great for texting you phrases like "we're getting our BOOTIES on the treadmill next week!  Get ready!"  Again...see #1.

5.  Having a finite budget for Christmas....in a separate bank account....has worked wonders in keeping me withIN the budget.

6.  Finger Jello takes longer than I thought to set up.

7.  Kids getting sick right before the holidays clearly sucks.  Thank goodness for vitamins and expectorant!

8.  Gluten free chex mix rocks.  And puppy chow.  Mmmmm.

9.  My husband and I can throw a mean Christmas party.  And our pastor can mix a mean (and sneaky!) sangria.

10.  I'm so grateful for grandparents who are willing and able to take the boys.  I get a small break (to enjoy silence) and the boys make priceless memories.


Top Ten {Tuesday}

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This, my dear, is a great list! Sangria, chex mix, treadmills... oh my!

Unknown said...

I love puppy chow too. I love your list.

mrsmarkdave said...

I can't tell you how I look so forward to your blog posts.
I am so with you on #1.
I love Wipeout, too.
And - having a separate bank account for Christmas is a really great idea. And, if I ever have kids (and I doubt that I will) I will do this. So, I'll thank you in advance for the idea. (Yes - I seriously don't think I would have ever thought of that myself.) We don't really have a long list of people we buy for at Christmas. Just my parents and my brother's kids (4 of them). If we added kids of our own to the mix - I would probably have to have a budget ;-)