Friday, December 16, 2011

5QF

1. What's the best Christmas present you've ever received?


Can I say my son?  He came a few weeks before Christmas...and his hospital bill was our Christmas present to each other....therefore, he's my Christmas present, right?

If I can't claim him as a gift....hhhmmmm, I'd have to go the the Cabbage Patch Kid.  I received mine the year they were all the rage.  I actually didn't think I'd be lucky enough to get one.  But my awesome mom came to the rescue....I wonder if she has a fun story to tell about nabbing my Leonora Cicily.

2. Worst/Funniest White Elephant gift ever received?

I'm usually the one that fights for the good gift.  And I usually get it.

We had a MOPS leadership Christmas party not long ago, and there were some pretty funny and AWFUL white elephant gifts.  One was a stuffed bear....it was HUGE with a floral jumper complete w/ sailor collar.  It had a crazy face....and was just about the ugliest thing I've ever seen.  It totally freaked me out, but the girl that opened it was such a good sport.  So, there I am....ripping on this bear the whole night...and when the end came, someone asked "WHO on earth brought this bear...." 

Yeah, totally the lady sitting next to me.

(Sorry Gretchen!)

3. Is your Christmas tree plain and simple (white lights and matching ornaments) or is it wild and crazy (colored lights with lots of ornaments collected over the years)?

I have kids.  I think there's a law that mandates that I have a hodge podge tree full on ornaments made with love.  I love it.  I'll appreciate the matchy-matchy trees in the stores.

4. "How" do you iron your clothes? The old fashioned iron/ironing board way, the shower, back in the dryer, etc.

Oh, come now....iron?!?!?!  me?  iron? 

IF I do have to iron, I pull out the board and iron....I'm an old-fashioned girl at heart.

5. How much baking do you do for Christmas and what are your "must make" items? (I'm looking for recipes here, peeps...)

I found a fantastic caramel corn recipe ....but since I leave out the molasses, it's more of a butter toffee popcorn recipe.  It's soooo yummy, and when I gave bags to my table mates in MOPS, they SQUEALED....it's that good!  Take my word for it.....LEAVE OUT THE MOLASSES!


2 comments:

Sarann said...

I got my Missy Deedee the year of the Cabbage Patch kids!

Anonymous said...

I had a Cabbage Patch kid, too, but I also spent lots of time making birth certificates for my other "babies" - didn't want them to feel left out :)