Friday, December 2, 2011

5QF


It's already Friday again...and time for some 5QF!  This is the most easy blog hoppy thingy out there.  Click on the Five Question Friday square below, and it will take you to Mama M's blog if you want to play along.


1. What is your favorite Christmas decoration in your house?

I'd have to say our stockings.  It's the first home decor project I tackled on my own after seeing the idea on the Martha Stewart show.  They were relatively easy, and took about 8-9 hours to complete all four stockings.  In addition, the felt fabric only ran about $13 for all of it, so I was on budget!


They're all personalized and everything!  The only thing I'd change about them is that they are very narrow, and I can't fit much in there....

wait....


on second thought, that's a great problem to have!  Small stockings are easy peasy on my Christmas budget!







2. Do you finish your Christmas shopping early or are you a last minute type?

I'm usually finished about a week or so before Christmas.  I start the day after Christmas, and gradually pick things up for people if I know it's 1) a good deal and 2) something that they'll enjoy (i.e. not a trendy thing). 

I'm pretty much on target for finishing next week sometime.  I just need to get through A's birthday celebrations first.  :)

3. When do you turn on your heat?

When it gets cold in the house.

How's that for a smart-alek answer?!?!?  hehe.  Apparently, I'm a little sassy today.


4. Do you ever wish your blog was private?

Not really.  My whole reason for starting the blog was to keep friends and family up-to-date on our house project.  Then, when updates came few and far between, I realized that I had more things to say, and I realized it was a lot of fun.  There are things I would post on here if my blog was private, but that's what journals are for...right?!?!?

5. Do you put your deodorant on before of after you put on your shirt?

Nope.  It's the first thing I do after drying off out of the shower.  It starts my "getting ready regime."  I don't do "change" well, so I won't be mixing it up anytime soon.  :)



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the stockings! And I do not look forward to finding all the new addresses and addressing Christmas cars (from the previous post)... ugh.

mrsmarkdave said...

LOVE the stockings. They are adorable!!!

Sarann said...

Cute stockings and neat that you hung them down the banister.

Tami AKA My Kid's Mom said...

Cute stockings!

Mama M. said...

So, you tease us with this "easy", crafty, adorable, reasonably priced project and yet...no link?!
Fer shame.

Lauren said...

Loved reading your post, beautifully-made stockings.