Friday, August 12, 2011

Random Friday Post

1.  I have a NASTY summer cold, but I think I'm finally on the mend.

2.  I attended Family night at A's camp last night and was in a full.body.sweat. (dont' worry, I didn't touch anything or get within 2 feet of anyone.  Or breath on anyone...or cough on anyone....)

3.  It worked in my favor, I think, because the three male-species got eaten alive by mosquito's.  I have one bite in the middle of my back.  Thank you, fever.

4.  A. must have survived his first non-grandparent sleepover last night, because I did not get a phone call.  :)

5.  I was able to "sleep in" until 8:07 this morning since we didn't have anywhere to go right away.  And by "sleep in" I mean, wake up at 5:02 to go to the bathroom, lay there thinking, "gosh...I only packed light jammies, I hope A. isn't too cold", listen to D. make a RACKET in the kitchen, fall back asleep, wake at 7:02 when C. comes in to cuddle, fall back asleep, wake at 7:15 to Molly whining at the back door, ask C. to let her out, listen to C. yell at Molly because she's not going potty fast enough and he's cold, doze back to sleep, wake at 7:27 when C. comes back to bed and has COLD hands and feet (which, of course, he puts on my back to warm up....), doze again until 7:56 when C. asks for breakfast.  I laid there for a few more minutes...but realized that SLEEPING in today was nothing more than a pipe dream.

6.  We have a big birthday in the family this weekend!  I have LOTS to do to prepare for it.

7.  I also have LOTS of work to do to catch up on busy weekends and sick weekdays.

8.  Next week is the last week we have structured summer activities.  I'm looking forward to having 2 weeks of fun with the boys.  Pending I can get enough work done to take a week off.  :- /  Yep...work is the wildcard.

9.  I'm trying to make some decisions about some commitments in the upcoming weeks.  I think I'm still spread too thin, and need to figure out what to do about it.  I think I really need to spend more time in prayer about it all.

10.  I have three more days before I can exercise hard-core (ish!)!  I am actually kind of looking forward to getting in that groove again.  (WHAT?!?!?  Who said that?  Certainly not me....ok, maybe me?)


Happy Weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss really sleeping in - like sleeping, dead to the world, until at least 10 (and sometimes noon). It's been at least 6 years since that happened, if not more. I miss sleep.