Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Picture story: defined. Part 4.

Part 4 of our picture story definiation is a longer one.

The night before our 9th anniversary, we had a pretty heavy storm come through.

The rain wasn't so bad, but the wind...oh, the wind.

We lost power at 10pm, and didn't get it on until the next day at 5pm.

That morning, we woke up to this:


Which, incidentally, is a close up of this:


Yep, part (read: half) of our lovely shade tree had fallen onto the branch below it.

Which also sits right over our play set.

This is our wedding anniversary, mind you.

The day without power.

So, I didn't want to cook. 

The boys had free kid meal coupons from the summer reading program, and I had a coupon, and I had left over scrip certificates, so I loaded up the boys and left D. home with a chainsaw.

We came home with dinner. ( I spent a total of $4.17 for four people...had to interject that in there!)
And dined on the picnic table that D. made for me for our 5th anniversary (the symbol for the 5th anniversary is wood...so he made me a table).

We gave the boys a bath and put them to bed.

Just in time for the lights to go off again.

(sigh)

So, we hauled out the flashlights and candles....again.



I worked on an upcoming MOPS craft:

(yes, by candlelight)

Then, I was bored, so I pulled the candles into the addition and put together the second chair by candlelight.

Once completed, D. joined me in the addition where we sat for a few hours. 
In our new chairs
In the empty addition.
Talking by candlelight.

It was the perfect anniversary night.

1 comment:

mrsmarkdave said...

that sounds like the best anniversary ever!!!!!!