Monday, October 11, 2010

Be still my heart

A few weeks ago, I was sitting at the dinner table talking to D about some upcoming expenses and planning in the budget for them.

They're biggies....life insurance premiums, property taxes, homeowners insurance, quarterly taxes, etc.

I started to have a little pity party for myself in my head.

Wondering if I'd ever have a day in my life when I didn't worry about money.

Toward the end of the meal, I said outloud, "Wouldn't it be nice to just have more money?"


Without skipping a beat, my husband said, "Yes, but our lifestyle wouldn't change.  It would be nice to be able to give more away to people who need it."



This, my friends, is the man I love.

His servant's heart, his simple living, his love for charity.

Be still my heart.

I'm so grateful for him.

4 comments:

Kate said...

Beautiful! He's a keeper that's for sure.

:-)

Kathleen said...

You are truly blessed.
Kathleen
http://www.firefliesandfamily.blogspot.com

Brittney said...

Aw, what a great response!!

Rach said...

LIKE! Oh wait, this isn't facebook....