Monday, September 30, 2013

The "magic" word

I've really been into my camera lately.


I really love to shoot pics.


No, really.



So, yesterday while Dave took the family up to a friend's lake house to measure some windows, I grabbed my camera and did a little shootin'.

So...we had a slow start:








Then, I told him to "smile for mom, bug!"


And I got this:









Honestly.


So, I said, "A smile with teeth, please."


He got all literal on me.





So...then I hauled out the big guns.


I said the "magic word."


The word that no one can say around him without him plunging into pools of laughter:



I looked at him.



Me:  Hey C, you're really going to make me say it???


C:  Say what?


Me:  The magic word.


C: What, please???


Now...when you say the magic word, you need to say it correctly.

You have to use your diaphragm to push the word up from the bottom of your stomach.


A gravely voice helps too.

And lower the tone a few octaves...



Me:  Hey.....


















(dramatic pause)

















He looked at me expectantly.














BUTT.

















"Dude...you just made your mom say BUTT for the sake of a picture"

















Sigh.









2 comments:

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

Priceless. That "real" smile is a winner!