Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Wordy Wednesday

1.  Today you get a random list.  Aren't you lucky?!?!?

2.  There are a LOT of worries on my mind lately.  Like ones that keep me awake at night.  I need to focus on God, and not on these things.  Yet, I still can't sleep when my body is clearly SCREAMING from deprivation.

3.  I think it's funny when people judge me for honesty.  (see previous post) Especially when it includes honesty with a swear word.  Sorry, I'm just not as perfect as you are.

4.  A few years ago, a MOPS mentor mom spoke about the "relationship ladder."  She said some amazing insights that soothed my hurting heart.  It helped me refocus my energies and expectations of others, and even encouraged me to rearrange a few people on the rungs.  My expectations changed, and my opinion of them is now different - since I'm not being let down all the time.  I think this mentor mom is wise beyond her years, and I'm grateful for that chat.

5.  We are in a mad dash to complete our summer bucket list.  It's fun.  I love my kids.

6.  I'll even like them at times when they're not misbehaving.  :)

7.  Baby L. hasn't been sleeping well lately.  At all.  The other night, Dave and I went to go to bed at 11pm -which is when she decided to wake up and NEVER want to go back to sleep.  Finally, she gave in to exhaustion at 3am.  By that time, my pedometer logged over 1300 steps.  Way to start the day- already over 10% to my daily goal! (but totally exhausted...so sort of counter-productive there....)

8.  Dave and I spent our only babysitter money for the month on going to a meeting last night.  (adios date night!)  We have a FANTASTIC babysitter who handled all three at bedtime beautifully.  At 2am, I hear Baby L. crying.  I go in the darkness to pick her up.  She's crying for a second, but then stops...whispers, "mama" then goes to lay her head on my shoulder and wraps her arms around me in a hug.  Soothing balm for this weary mama.  She DOES love me. :) (I need to remember this in about 12 years....)

9.  Judging by the pain in my jaw and the fact that I can barely open my mouth today, I'd say I'm grinding my teeth in my sleep again.  Grrrrr.  Bite splints are soooo not sexy.

10.  I got my hair cut on Thursday!  Yeehaw!  I was at my wits-end with it, and was about to go all Sinead O'Conner....we went to my parent's for Coast Guard Festival and I got in to see my old hair lady....she and I first met when I was a sophomore in high school (just did the math on how long ago that was....and now I'm weeping....).  She's amazing because I can just sit down in the chair and say, "Michelle....help me.  I want to buzz it all off.  I need a cute cut that doesn't take long to do."  That's what I said, and that's what she did.  It's cute....when I do it.  :)  Right now, I'm in full-on baby mode.  Which means there's some spit up holding the whispies back, and the bulk of it is up in a clip.  :)  Someday I will be normal again.  Today is just not that day.

1 comment:

mrsmarkdave said...

You keep right on being honest and yourself. If others have a problem with that, that is NOT YOUR PROBLEM.