Friday, July 26, 2013

5QF

Hello friends.

Again, we make it to another Friday.

This week FLEW by. 

I just returned from picking A. up from a week at camp.  We had such high hopes for him to have a terrific time, but it turned out that was not the case.

I sent him with 5 self-addressed stamped envelopes.  When I didn't receive anything from him, I assumed he was having a great time.  Not the case.  Turns out his counselor didn't/wouldn't give him a writing utinsil.

Apparently, he was homesick the entire week.  And to top it off, some of his bunkmates were really mean to him.  Seriously...I need to resist the urge to go kick a kid's arse.  #mamabear #somepeopleskids #meanpeoplesuck

On Sunday when we dropped him off, his counselor told us to pick him up before 1:15.  He said "closing chapel starts at 11:30, so anytime between 11:30 and 1:15."

He called me from another parent's cell phone at 12 noon.  We were literally 1/2 mile away from camp. 

What his counselor failed to tell me is that we were supposed to be there for brunch at 10:30 am, and in attendance for the closing chapel.

Poor homesick A. sat there for 2 hours watching nervously for us to arrive.  Tears upon arrival.  :(

I looked around for his counselor- and saw him across the camp.  Completely unaware that I had picked him up.  What?  Did he just write him off?  Seriously???

He's tired, stinky, and covered in bug bites.  When I say covered, I mean COVERED.  Ugh....

sad.




Anyway...cheering up with some questions:

1. What is your best secret cleaning tip?

I have a calendar where I plan our our meals a month in advance.  It keeps me on budget and takes the guess work out of cooking. 

Last month, I started putting a particular room, laundry, ironing or Ally under the assigned meal.  It simply means that I need to pay attention (of some sort...any sort) to that room or thing.  Sometimes I go all-out and clean the room from top to bottom.  Othertimes, I just change sheets and clean up the floor.  Either way, I'm doing a little *something* every day to make our home cleaner and neater.  It works for me.


2. What is your favorite food to snack on during movie night?

I'm going to be boring here and say popcorn.  Yep...totally unoriginal...but man, soooo good!
3. If it was up to you, what would you have named the royal baby?

What?  Someone had a royal baby?
4. If you could be any Disney character who would you choose?

Hmmmm, I have to admit I'm not really up to snuff on my Disney characters. 

We're not what you call a "Disney-family," and sometimes their political bully-isms as a corporation really make us look elsewhere for entertainment. 

So...I'm not really sure????
5. What's the most important part of a healthy relationship?

Love and Respect.  woven together with all eyes on God.

If you have that, nothing else matters.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh Sandy, my heart just breaks for A. I want to kick someone's ass for you, starting with his counselor. What the hell? Give A. extra hugs. :(

Eastlyn and co. said...

I hate your sad camp story. I always "push" my kids to do stuff I think would be fun and give them time away from me being the boss. Then I get really nervous when they're out of my site/care (I sound like psycho mom but I'm every bit the "helicopter" style parent...always hovering around). I can see where love and respect and God could make a relationship work LOL. I said communication...have a great weekend (and an Aveeno bath for A).

The Gardener said...

Hello! I've been out of the loop with a cross country move. Glad to catch up on your blog again!

Can't believe what happened at camp! Sheesh! How hard is it to give a kid a pencil? Crayon? Piece of charcoal from the fire pit?