Friday, October 19, 2012

5QF- 40 weeks today edition

Baby Girl has until the stroke of midnight tonight to be considered "on time."

I have nothing more to say about this.

Let's answer some questions, shall we?

1. Where do you hide junk when people come over?

I usually pile it somewhere.  I'm a pile-er.  Mostly papers, some folders, sometimes other things...but I pile them up, and put them somewhere out of range.  It's usually on the mud-room counter or something.


2. Do political ads help you decide who you are going to vote for?

As far as people to vote for, absolutely not.  I research my candidates, and I stay firm to my morals - no 90 second ad full of fancy talk and empty promises is going to change that. 

Now- if you're talking about proposals....while the ads don't influence my vote (I am a BIG researcher and cause/effect thinker), it does get me thinking about each side of the issue, the reason the proposal is on the ballot in the first place, and what would happen if it passed/ failed.  Which, in turn, just makes me research all the more.


3. What's your favorite holiday party to host?

We really haven't hosted many holiday parties.  When we first moved into the Love Shack, a friend of mine (at the time) was really belittling of our house.  She made many comments about the way it smelled (musty) and how claustrophobic she felt in our house....which made me very self-conscious of having anybody over.  So, we just never hosted.  Anything.  Last year, with the addition in livable condition, we hosted our small group Christmas party- and that was a lot of fun.  Anything Christmas related is a good time.  I guess it's time to get back in the hostessing game, eh?

4. You go to an island with your husband and can only take one personal item. What is it?

My pillow.  I loooooooove my pillow.

5. If you found out your spouse was a Dexter style serial killer (only kills people to save others) would you rat?

I don't really know what a Dexter-style serial killer is....so I really don't feel qualified to answer this question. 

Maybe?

How's that for a political answer.


Happy Weekend, everybody!

GO TIGERS!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that we both included something Tigers-related in our posts! Also... maybe a pillow is a good idea, I do have those pesky neck issues :)

Sarann said...

Well first of all I'm sorry that sweet baby is taking her sweet time, but at least she will be fully developed and very healthy when she does arrive.

Thinking of parties I can't remember you doing a post about your baby shower. Maybe I missed it when I had Katy though, I'll have to look back at your posts during that time.

I hope baby girl decides to arrive soon and that all goes well for you!

mrsmarkdave said...

I thought for sure we wouldn't be getting this edition because you'd be delivering (or had recently delivered) Baby Girl. I'm pulling for you...if that counts for anything.
If she's born on Sunday, she'll share a b-day with my Dave. I'm sure Sunday seems forever away to you, though. So I won't route for that :-)

Lacey S said...

Hi Sandy!

I found your blog through the 5QF linkup and I'm your newest follower.

It sounds like you should be having a new baby soon - congratulations! Prayer for a safe & healthy delivery!

I hope you'll stop by my space and say Hi! I've got two giveaways running right now and I'd love for you to enter!
Xo,
Lacey
http://andtheycallmemommy.blogspot.com/p/giveaways.html

retired not tired said...

You'll have to host a party when Baby Girl arrives. Hope she comes soon and safely.