Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Today I am

1.  Watching a spider crawl across the wall in front of me.  It's too high for me to kill.  So, I'll wait until it either a) falls upon which time it will meet an untimely death or b) disappears which will catapult me into a "where the heck did that spider go!?!?!?" questioning in my head for the next 2 years upon which time I'll be totally paranoid that it has grown into the size of my hand and is lurking under my desk waiting to strike me with deadly venom.

2.  Trying to catch up with work.  I'd love to be totally caught up.  Where I can sit and enjoy my kids and not feel like "I should be working."  I always feel like I should be working.  I hate that.

3.  Making leftovers for dinner.  Mmmmm...Easter leftovers.

4.  Freaking out!  Holy crap...the spider is gone.  It was in the middle of the wall, and now its disappeared.  I'm freaking out.  There one minute and gone the next.....where the heck did it go?!?!?!?

5.  Thinking that my boys are coming down with the mysterious illness that had plagued their friend over spring break.  We had a play date and saw them again on Sunday- without knowing that they were infested with fevers and feeling awful all week.  Fan-flippin'-tastic!

6.  Wishing my puppy was house trained.  Hopefully any day now.  She's smart enough.  She's also stubborn.  She's ruining my carpet.  I'm not a happy dog owner at times.  I'm also going broke on carpet cleaner.

7.  Hoping my van makes it another 100,000 miles.  It's at 204, 282.  It's a Dodge.  It's rusting.  It's smoking every so often.  I understand this means odds are not in my favor.

8.  I am also wishing I didn't stay up to the wee hours in the morning stuffing envelopes for a fundraiser.  I'm horribly tired.  I need a nap.  I need 1000 naps.

9.  Thinking of the prime rib I'll be reheating for dinner.  mmmmm, beef.

10.  Thinking again of that spider.  I am afraid I only have two years to live before I die of a gigantic spider bite.  Why oh why can't I have go-go-gadget arms to kill spiders that are 7 feet up on a wall?  Sigh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sprayed a spider with hairspray once in an apartment I lived in with 16-foot ceilings... that thing was huge and I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep while it was still living. I prevailed.

Kate said...

LOL! Oh Sandy, you are one of my favourites!