Friday, April 13, 2012

5QF

Friday!!!  I made it to FRIDAY!

The boys are back in school.

We're back on a regular (ish) routine.

I'm happy.

This weekend promises to be one of the busiest ones yet this spring.  But, after that, I think we're relaxing just a tad bit more.  And even though its busy (packed...jam packed), it's going to be a lot of fun too....so there's the silver lining.


1. Who mows your grass?

I used to.  When we first moved here, I used to walk behind the push mower once a week while A. took a nap inside.  It took me 2 hours to mow our lawns...then along came C, and D took over that job.  I've never looked back.  :) 

We actually now have a riding mower that was "gifted" to us.  I use " " only because it takes him just as long to get the mower running as it does for him to cut the lawn once it's started!


Ahhhh, yes.  You can take us out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of us.  :)


2. Do you have a picture wall or picture gallery in your house (show us! )?

I actually have two!

The first one is in our basement living room.  The whole color theme down there is tan and white with light blue and red accents.  So, I wanted a picture wall above my (free/ recovered in fabric w/ red, blue, tan and white circles) couch.  I started finding different frames from old pictures, at the Target One Spot (see square frames), and I painted them and purchased coordinating mats.  There are some professional beach pics, a wedding pic or two, and a whole lotta candids.  The pictures on this wall are some of my favorites.  (Pardon the crooked picture frames....I'm in a hurry, and the boys were playing down here this morning!)


The second one is in our bedroom.

These are all black and white- except for the stained glass silhouette from our wedding day.

Our wedding invitation is also framed, but that was white and silver...so the color doesn't really count, right?






3. What book has influenced your thinking the most? Or, what blog? (I want to read what gets people thinking!)

I need to preface this by saying "Besides the Bible?"  Cause, you know...that's #1.

There's a lot of books I keep in the corners of my mind and draw from every so often.  Some are devotionals, some are biographies, some are total fiction but inspirational nonetheless.

I read Pioneer Woman's blog with great regularity and a few friends as often as they post...

So, how's that for an answer without really being an answer?  Geez, you'd think I was running for a political office.

4. Do you have allergies? If so, how do you handle it this time of year?

Whoa nelly, do I ever!  Spring is actually my worst season for allergies- followed by fall in a close second.  Then, you factor in all the everyday allergies....and wallah....you have me.

I do a nasal rinse (similar to the neti pot) every day.  Sometimes twice a day if I'm really struggling.  I also take Zyrtec and dose up on Omega 3 Fish Oils.  (they're anti-inflammatory)

Otherwise, I try to stay inside on windy days, and dust the house as little as possible.  :)

5. What's your go to meal to cook in an hurry?
 
 
Tacos, spaghetti, hamburgers, any kind of hodge-podge concoction that I can throw together in a pinch.  The easier, the better!
 
 

4 comments:

Mama M. said...

Omega 3's help?! (*dashes off to store*)
Love your photo walls...need to get my hiney movin' on that!

Sarann said...

Wow, I really love your wedding photo display! I will definitely have to do something similar. Have a great weekend!

Monica B said...

Love your stained glass silhouette picture! I read Ree's blog too. Love it! Taco's seem to be everyone's go to meal! Wish I liked tacos more.

Anonymous said...

Love the photo walls! So perfect! Tacos... I love tacos!