Friday, June 3, 2011

Five Question Friday




1. If you had to choose, how would you prefer to choose to spend money...on landscaping or a pool?

LANDSCAPING!  I have BIG plans for the Love Shack's exterior terrain.  It includes a tiered front yard, with stairs, landscape lighting, underground sprinkling...and a big of color here and there.  Big deck in the back yard, and a patio with built in fire pit. 

But, we need to finish the house first.
2. (Scott likes to get things stirred up...) Death penalty, yay or nay?

Eye for an eye.  Death penalty:  yay.


3. What's the worst thing your kid has gotten into when you turned your back/blogged/showered/blinked?

Well, there was one afternoon that I was working, and A. was supposed to be just playing in the sand box right outside my window.  Well...I forgot to check on him for about 10 minutes, and he went INTO the neighbor's house - while they weren't home.  Fortunately, (or unfortunately) the dad came home for lunch and found A. playing in his basement.  He was perturbed, but merciful (thank goodness he's a pastor  - hehe).  Embarrassment doesn't even come close to describe how I was feeling.
4. How often do you REALLY go to the dentist?

Ugh.  I LOATHE going to the dentist.  I'm WAY overdue for a cleaning.  I just get so mean and anxious when anything "dental" comes up.  Really - I'm a very special patient.  There's a purple star on my chart in a dentist office somewhere that proves it.

5. What is your favorite animal (doesn't have to be a pet-type animal)?

Hmmmm.  This is a tough one for me.  I like a lot of animals.

I love most dogs.  I love that they are pets, and loving and trainable.

I also LOVE giraffes.  There's a place at a zoo near by where you can feed giraffes.  My most favorite part of ANY zoo ANY where.  I also love watching documentaries of them in the wild.  They're just so pretty.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Stopping in from 5QF. Your landscaping dream sounds so nice. I sure hope you get to have it once your house is done, it will be gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to come over and help you break in the firepit - whenever that happens :)

mrsmarkdave said...

You are not the only mom that loses a child to a neighbor's house. My best friend and I did that when we were 4. We hid behind the tree waiting for them to leave, and when they did we helped ourselves inside to play with play-dough. Got in trouble for that one, yes we did.
I would also spend money on landscaping.
I remember reading how much you loathe going to the dentist. Just remember that regular cleanings can detect a cavity early and the filling won't have to be very big. The dentist in me had to say that. (No I'm not a dentist. Never have been one, but I wanted to be.)
I'm yay for the death penalty, too.

Mama M. said...

Oooooh, giraffes! They are so pretty, and graceful, and long-necked, and spotted...everything I'm not! :)

What did A. do when the pastor came home?! I know that if I were playing in someone's basement and they came home, I'd prolly poop my pants!