Saturday, December 13, 2008

Cousin's pilgrimage to the zoo

****FYI: These pictures we taken in Audust of 2008. This late posting is a result of a roken digital camera and hving to use 35 mm film. Yes, I am just now getting around to developing pictures from August.***

Each summer, Marianne and I get the kids together for a pilgrimage to the zoo. The kids LOVE it. They love to spend time together, and Marianne and I get a chance to hang out too. Fun is had all around!

At the beginning of the summer, we had originally intended on bringing the kids to a bigger zoo- a littler farther away. Well, busy schedules being what they may....a week or two before school began, we decided to make our goal the local smaller zoo. It ended up being the perfect day! We packed a picnic lunch, C. wasn't over stimulated, and we finished off the day with some yummy ice cream and play time in our back yard.


All four cousins with John Ball.






E. was the first to get a budgee on her feeder. Notice how B. is trying to entice her budgee to come see his feeder. Very cute. :)


I LOVE this picture of B.
P.S. He didn't end up "stealing" E.'s budgee. Another one thought his feeder looked yummy.


E. was a huge help with C. She helped push the stroller, and she made sure he was safe on the train.



Thumb-sucker extraordinaire

At the sting ray and shark pool.

Each child (except C.) felt one, but they didn't have the gumption to feed them the fish we purchased. So, I did....really weird feeling.


What a fun day!

 

2 comments:

Rach said...

super cute pictures Sandy. Fia loves the zoo too, but always poops out after about an hour...and then become completely disinterested in all animals. Maybe she'll last longer next summer. I can't believe you fed the stingrays....I will never go near such a creature. I have a lovely story about several mantarays, my terrible brothers, a large bucket of squid bait, and one of the worst experiences of my life...fill in the dots.

Sandy said...

Rach, you crack me up! I can only imagine what those dots are telling me. Nah, they didn't bother me- I'm up for almost anything once. Interesting feeling- kind of like a small vaccuum. Good times. Can't wait to feed the giraffes next year!