Sunday, December 14, 2008

The BIG 0-5!

Wow, I still can't believe that A. is a 5 year-old now. It seems like yesterday I was battling a 22 1/2 hours of labor and two and a half hours of pushing to have a baby boy... It saddens me to think that the toddler years are over, but then I think about all the blessings we've been given and how may more God has in store for us with A. in our lives. It's been an honor to be his mom, and its so much fun to watch him figure things out and see his faith grow...


This is A.'s birthday outfit-of-choice. (before mommy intervened, of course). Why this boy wants to wear shorts in the winter and cords in the summer is beyond me. :)
A. helped me make his birthday treats- reindeer cookies! His teacher said that they were talking about reindeer this week- so it turned out to be great timing!

Blowing out the candles on his "construction site berfday cake." He only wanted this because the day after his birthday last year, he saw a fancy construction site cake in the Meijer bakery. Well, he never forgot about it. So, when his request came up this year, I thought...cake mix, can of frosting, some whoppers, and some John Deere cars....construction site cake done!
A. wearing his warm birthday jim-jams and wearing the birthday crown from school.



A. was jazzed to play with all his birthday loot! He keeps switching between the Leapster, the tower crane, and the spider man rocket. About every 5 minutes he goes down the line. Quite funny to watch!
I think about how much he has changed since turning 4, and am amazed at all the blessings God has placed in our lives. I'm so thankful to God for letting me take care of His child.

1 comment:

Rach said...

Super cute Sandy. Love the cookies and cake...especially love that you didn't spend $15 on a meijer truck cake. The indecision with new toys is always fun to watch. Happy Birthday Adam!