Thursday, September 20, 2012

36 weeks! One month left!!

So, I have four weeks left.

One month.

YES!

So, yesterday was my bi-weekly check up and a we had a few interesting developments.

- I got my Tdap vaccine- which now means that all of baby girl's parents and grandparents are COVERED!  Thanks, guys, for loving this little one enough to make sure you're covered.  :)

-  I lost 3 of the 4 pounds I gained last time.  (minus the "scale fix").  This loss includes a late-afternoon weigh in (after always having early morning weigh ins), heavier clothing, and a lot of bloating.  So, I'm considering that a WIN.

-  I had to have the Group B Strep test- which I wasn't actually prepared for (cause I didn't shave above the knee...oops)....but then the Dr. checked me

-  I'm already dilated to 1.5 cm!  I understand this really doesn't mean much....cause I could have been walking around like this for the past 5 weeks.  And I could walk around like this for another 6 weeks (God forbid).  And since it's my 3rd delivery, he was expecting at least SOME sort of head start.  (He actually said he would have been concerned if there was nothing).  But, at least it means things are going in the right direction.  That makes me happy.

-  Baby Girl is crazy active.  I had Dave put BOTH hands on my stomach last night just so he could feel that when she moves, EVERYTHING moves...not just in one spot.  His eyes got SO BIG!  That smile he gets still just turns me into a pile of goo.  We're both looking forward to meeting her.  :)


Anyway, I don't have much else to report.  I don't have anything ready for her, and I don't have a bag packed...at all. 

I'm trying to wait until after the lacquer is sprayed because I don't want those fumes in all our stuff.  So, all her items...and a lot of mine....are safely tucked away, and will be washed as soon as the fumes allow.

Which may be late next week sometime?

But that is always subject to change....sigh.

1 comment:

Mama M. said...

Oh dear goodness did this make my uterus sigh. A long, wistful, longing sigh. I miss those crazy movments!! Lap up these last weeks of pregnancy for me...