Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The counting continues

Blessings abound...and the thankful count continues:

16.  A great hair cut.  When I get these, I feel like a new woman.  I get compliments on my hair, and I feel awesome.  I love love love that my old beautician is back in town after 9 years away.

17.  Friends.  God has put new people in my path over the last few years, and I'm so so thankful.  These are ladies I really feel I can be myself around, and that's such a gift.

18.  Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.  Gluten free goodness.  If I'm gonna splurge, it might as well be on the good stuff that won't hurt my gut.

19.  Health.  Increased health.  53 pounds lost.  Phasing out meds because my body is healing itself. 

20.  Work.  I work from home.  Although it provides a challenge with attention -seeking kids under foot, and sometimes stresses me out, I'm able to have lunch with them, go on field trips and set my own hours.  And pay their school tuition.

21.  Crafts.  I really love being artsy.  I love thinking of new crafts to do, and I love starting something and not knowing where it will end up...but figuring it out along the way.

22.  Organizers.  My friend, Stephenie, came last Thursday to help me organize after she read this post.  While I had tackled much of that room on my own, I still needed help fitting everything into the one kitchen.  Not only did she fit the things I found "unfittable," it's totally organized.  I haven't had to look more than 20 seconds for anything!

23.  Costco.  This is a love/hate relationship.  I hate the cashier when they tell me my total.  Ugh...it's rarely under $100.  BUT, I get so much food, and such a value on vitamins, that I really shouldn't complain.  AND if I go directly after school with the boys, I don't have to worry about feeding them a snack- the sample stands take care of that for me.  :)

24.  My alternative Dr. and his (nurse) wife.  These medical professionals diagnosed my gluten issue within 5 minutes of my first appointment.  After I spent thousands of dollars on testing with my conventional Dr...and they never found an issue.  This Dr. and his wife care about each and every patient, pray for them all, and educate them about what's happening in their bodies.  The education has been priceless.

25.  My handy husband.  Really, he's not meant to be #25....but I wanted to give him a shout out on his birthday!  Happy Birthday, baby!  Love you tons.

Top Ten {Tuesday}

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy day for another happy list! I'm so thankful for your friendship!

Big Fat Gini said...

Such a great list!

I had NO idea Reese's were gluten free. Hmmmm...

Have a Happy Thanksgiving Sandy!

(I'm saying it now because I have a date to make out with a turkey on Thursday)

mrsmarkdave said...

Wow! This is a popular week for birthdays. I have two friends that have birthdays today and 3 other friends that have birthdays this week. (Today is our anniversary so just an all around special day for me.)Happy Birthday, D!!!!!
I am amazed at #24. At the whole thing. Nobody could find it but he found it within 5 minutes? That's crazy.
53 pounds??? That's AMAZING!!!! Congratulations!