Saturday, October 10, 2009

The best fall meal in the world!

This is my mom's recipe. I love this meal. Every time the air turns crisp, I start craving it. It's incredibly easy, cheap, and (best of all) YUMMY!

You'll need:
  • acorn squash
  • pork chops (I like boneless, medium thickness)
  • butter, honey or brown sugar
  • tin foil
  • shallow baking sheet
  1. Preheat oven to 375.
  2. Cut Squash in half and scoop seeds out.

3. Pick 2 of the three fillers (honey, butter or brown sugar) to place in the middle. Here, I chose honey and butter. Small amounts of butter go a long way! (don't ever use margarine!) 1 TBSP of sugar or honey is good per squash.


4. Lay pork over the opening of the squash sealing in the fillers.


5. Wrap in foil.


6. Place all your squash/pork foil balls on the sheet.


7. Bake at 375 for one hour- turning every 15 minutes. The foil will leak some juices- that's why you have the shallow baking sheet.

8. When the hour is complete, cut open the foil, dish up and enjoy! Shown below with eggplant.



Cost per serving: $2.94

1 comment:

Brittney said...

YUM! I am definitely going to have to try this recipe sometime this fall!