Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Ten on Tuesday: things I want to be better at

Life is full of areas for improvement, isn't it? At least, it is for me. The dialogue inside my head is always showing me where I fall short.

Like it or lump it,  it's true.

This is where I need to be careful to not allow Satan to get a foothold here. His words are lies determined to bring me into a dark hole.

I need to work on looking for the light in that hole. A nudge from the Holy Spirit never brings me into a darker place, rather it brings me closer to the Light. It lifts me rather than condemns me. 

Since we are at the end of January,  I thought it would be fitting to do a list of areas I feel the Holy Spirit nudging. 

Not for an attagurl,  but for accountability :

1. Less helpless, more helpful.
Focus less on where I can't help, and more on where I can.

2. Less selfies, more selfless
I have taken more selfies in 2016 than any other year. I need to point the camera OUT more, rather than back at me.

3.  Less lazy, more movement
Clean. Help. Exercise. Be productive. Move.

4. Less inconsistent, more consistent.
Stick to the rules. Follow the schedule.  Get things done.

5. Less judging, more grace.
Grace begets grace.

6. Less grudges, more forgiveness.
What does true forgiveness look like here?

7. Less write-offs, more relationships.
Why do we, as humans, feel it's so easy to write people off? Why do we distance ourselves from them because we worship our own social standing? I want to stand in the gap.

8. Less talking. More action.
Let me be a person who gets things done.

9. Less speakin, more listening.
I was given two ears and one mouth for a reason.

10. Less me, more God.
This speaks for myself.

No comments: