Tuesday, August 19, 2014

The post in which I say a lot of nothing

I have a bunch of posts swirling around in this head of mine...


...but right now none of them really make sense.


Does that make sense?

What I will give you is a few observations as of late:



  • I think the world needs to make a few more unscheduled cameos in each other's lives.  And we need to make sure we make people comfortable when they make cameos.  I was gifted with this sweet hospitality Sunday night.  My friend has the gift of hospitality and of making people feel comfortable.  I appreciate that.

  • I think the world needs less passive aggressive facebook posts, conversations, and texts in general.  If you have something to say, say it.  Say it TO WHOM you need to.  Be done with it.

  • The world needs people to be nicer to each other.

  • Perhaps the world needs less facebook in general.  (?)

  • The other day, my husband was talking about how I lack filter with my words.  I later informed him that I DO filter my words...and that if he actually heard the words that don't make it out of my mouth, he would be ...what's the word.... frightened?  Appalled?  Terrified?  Entertained?  Yes, I'm a straight-shooter....and I'm honest.  This is scary to a lot of people.  BUT, I do tame my words.  And I do not lack empathy.  So...that's me.

  • Dave and I took the Meyers-Briggs personality test.  I am ENFP, he is all-the-way ISTJ.  Can we say opposites attract?  I knew our personalities before (hello...we've been married for almost 13 years), but it has helped me take a step back in our conversations and help me see things from his point of view.  Or at least, it helps me tailor my words so he will better understand where I'm coming from.  It also helps me figure myself out better. :)

  • Some of my favorite kids go off to college this year. Some just got engaged to be married.  Some are just moving far far away to start their careers after graduation. I'm excited for them to begin their lives, but holy cow.... if that doesn't give a fresh bit of enjoy-today-for-these-days-go-fast, I don't know what does.  Some of these kids I remember teaching art to in 3rd and 4th grades.  One I remember in pig-tails so vividly....oye.

  • Our church has a new pastor.  And new people.  And some old people.  Either way, I'm encouraged.

  • Do you know anyone looking for a 5 bedroom house in my area?  There's a great one that will be on the market shortly.  Great neighbors!  (Must have children and be normal- yes, there WILL be a screening process...)

No comments: