Tuesday, March 26, 2013

I'm still standing

Are you familiar with the Elton John song, "I'm still standing?"

Yes, I just totally aged myself.

I'm cool with that.


I love this song...and in case you can't remember the song...here ya go:




That's kinda how I'm feeling lately. 


Daily struggles,

sleep deprivation,

a crying baby,

chronic fatigue,

a chest cough that won't leave (after 4 weeks),

the new onslaught of a cold,

siblings fighting,

the doldrums of a never-ending winter...


I'm still standing.

As a matter of fact, this song is also at the tail end of my workout mix. 

I pushed through, and

I'm still standing.

This could be a good song to send to anyone going through a hard time right now.

I know a lot of people who are struggling with things:

big changes,

cancer,

death,

fear of loosing a job,

nasty things people say about them,

eviction,

financial worries.

Whatever the "thing," big or small....

in the end, with God on our side, we're all still standing.

And the oxymoron of using an Elton John song to get my religious point across doesn't escape me...

....but He can work all things out for His good, right?


I'm still standing.

No comments: