1. The Labor Day weekend has messed me up. I keep thinking that today is actually a Monday. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not. Either way....I'm confused. But what else is new?
2. The boys are in their second week of school. This kinda worked out great. They had a 3-day week last week, a 4-day week this week, and into the 5-day weeks next week. I think it's great for my little men to get used to the hard core scheduling gradually.
3. Last month, there was too much month left at the end of the money. I blame a birthday celebration and back-to-school for that. However, around the 20th, I found myself with 11 days left in the month and a lot of "creative" meals ahead of me. Now, the envelopes are full...and I went shopping. Now they're empty again.
4. Not really....they're not totally empty. But I had to do some major restocking of freezer and pantry shelves. On the plus side, most of my shelves had a good cleaning/ scrub down last week!
5. I purchased my first set of Izze drinks at Costco this morning (they're on sale until the 8th!). Yum. That was my monthly splurge. Oh so good.
6. Dave finished the trim around the doors and windows in our new bedroom and the baby's room over the weekend. I forgot how long that process took! (and how EXPENSIVE IT IS!!!!). Of course, my crazy OCD husband needed to design a window that has no less than 7 wood profiles on it...right?!?! Anyway, we're just waiting on him to do the base molding (another 3 profiles), and we're ready to stain and lacquer those two rooms. The answer to your question: No....I still don't think it will be done by the time the baby gets here....but I'm ok with that.
7. The baby decided to have the hiccups at 11pm last night. And she thought she'd take up gymnastics around 2am. I got about 2 hours of sleep. I'm tired. Her movements are starting to hurt. A lot. Does this mean I need to worry about amniotic fluid levels? I have a Dr. appt tomorrow- need to write that question down.
8. Our neighbor left HUGE amount of cherry tomatoes on our front porch the other day. I made a Rachael Ray recipe called Fat Spaghetti with Bacon Cherry Tomato sauce for dinner last night. YUM! It was fantastic! Of course, I made it gf....and the boys gobbled it right up! I'm looking forward to leftovers for lunch today...and tomorrow....and the day after that. It made a large serving.
9. I was sick and tired of A. coming home with 1/2 of a lunch left over- when I'm really not packing him a whole lot to begin with. He said that he didn't like the surprise of the lunch, so he didn't feel like eating it. Seriously? So, I wrote out a weekly schedule on the fridge that basically says every M/W/F, he'd get a sandwich with fruit and a dessert. On Tues and Thurs, he gets crackers and cheese with veggies and a dessert. Now he's happy as a lark, and gladly eating lunch. What the what?
10. Fall programs are starting to ramp up. At the same time, I'm not sure if I'm ready for the crazy schedule...but ready to have that social time/ purpose driven living that comes with these programs. I've backed off a bit on obligations since baby girl is due soon...but still seem to have a crazy busy calendar starting mid Sept. Seeing all that ink on the calendar makes me tired...
..which reminds me that I need a good nap before I go pick up the boys....
....which reminds me to post this and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...................