....cause that's about all my mind is capable of.
It is in posts like this that you will truely see just how ADD I can be.
- I think I broke my middle toe (on my right) foot last night. I ran it into a wall. It's huge, swollen, and purple. I heard a snap-crunch when it hit. And it doesn't bend like the others anymore. And it hurts. I can't wear shoes right now. Yes, there is a reason Dave's nickname for me is "Grace."
- Today, I am feeling inundated with things to get done. Work is top on the list, and unfortunately, it's getting last place attention. I need to fix that- or else I'm going to be up until midnight tonight.
- I met a friend for coffee this morning. I think I need to make more time for coffee with friends. It was so nice to chit chat with her, and before I knew it, 2 hours had gone by! I love it when a conversation flows naturally. Friends like that are fun.
- Since Dave is self-employed, we have to write out quarterly taxes and send in checks to the government. I think EVERYONE needs to do this- it would really make people pay more attention to just where their tax money goes. I think there's a level of apathy in our country right now (toward government, and politics in general....kind of an ostrich/head-in-sand thing) and it's rather frustrating.
- Dave is almost done with the trim in our room and the baby's room. Then painter Dave comes to stain and lacquor. That's when I move out for a few days. This should be interesting.
- I've picked out wall colors for the two rooms, and I'm excited to see them come together! I'm hoping this will happen when I'm off on maternity leave from work- and I can really enjoy furniture placement, decorations, etc. Having work and baby together I think would be too much with it all. I'm not a great multi-tasker, by nature.
- We stayed local this weekend (instead of going to my parents). Ally ended up acting kinda squirrely, so we took her to a dog park close(ish) to us. We met the neatest people there! Ally had a blast, and on the way home, I stopped and picked up some Honey Crisp Apples from a farm stand. All in all, it was a fantastic Saturday morning. Mmmmm, honey crisp.
- Thanks to my friends (here and on FB) for your support with my non-political soap box post last week. It really is a scary season to bring a new born into the world! I'm happy to report that our immediate family is 1/2 covered already. The others have Dr's appts already scheduled, and we'll be 100% covered by the time baby girl arrives. Now, aunts and uncles.....are you covered too? I'll be asking you next! I'm doing my best to keep this baby out of the NICU. Most of my close friends are covered, and some are making appts this week. I'm feeling loved and supported in this endeavor.
- This is the season for babies. Seriously, I know a LOT of people who are having them...another one just delivered this past weekend. I kinda feel like I'm standing in line on a high-dive or something....we're all lined up in order of due date, and they just keep jumping off into the "land of delivery." Then, I get to step closer to the ledge. As of right now, I have 4 more people in line ahead of me. Actually, #4 is due right around the same time....so, it could be only 3....but I'm not counting on it.
- Last night, I made a batch of Monster cookies. C was helping me. After the dough was made, he turned to me in all seriousness and said, "Mom, I'll lick the beater for you, cause in this house, we don't waste food." Yep....thanks for taking one for the team there, buddy. He just cracks me right up.
- Dave and I have really buckled down on screen time for the boys during the week. I've really noticed a big difference with that! a) I'm more attentive (out of necessity) b) they're much more imaginative (legos vs. video games) c) they're getting along better (playing together instead of co-existing on the couch). I thought I would loathe it- cause, really, I do let them watch too much TV, and I tend to be lazy....but it's really been a blessing.
- Over the weekend, we had a birthday party for my nephew- turning 4. C. decided on Saturday morning that he was going to bring his Bible to read it to Jaden. I wasn't sure how it would go over, but he insisted. He said, "He doesn't have bibles in his house, so I want to share mine with him." Oh, bless his little heart. I thought he'd forget about it by the time the party came around, but he didn't. He was stuck to that Bible like white-on-rice. Of course, being the birthday boy, my nephew wanted nothing to do with sitting down with a book...but it didn't stop C. from trying- more than once. I love that little evangelist. :)
- I'm signed up to bring a MOPS tablemate dinner tonight. So, I decided to do the bulk-thing and make it for ourselves for tonight...and see if I had enough left over for a feezer meal for after baby girl comes. Not only did I have enough for a freezer meal, I had enough for FOUR meals- on top of the 2 meals scheduled to be eaten tonight! The only reason I had to stop is that I ran out of gf bacon. But- seriously- FOUR extra meals! I'm feeling awesome about that.
- Dave is allowing me to set up a sewing station in the kitchen addition. I say "allowing" only because homeboy is a tad OCD( I say that with the utmost love and respect, by the way...) ..and me and my sewing gets messy...and stays set up for a while. So anyway, I'm looking forward to setting up my sewing station this week (sometime), and starting my projects for baby girl's room! Now that the window molding is up, I can get a more accurate measurement on what I'll need for her window treatments. I can't wait to see it all come together.