If you know my relative geographic location....it's not surprising.
It's like saying I live in Detroit and worked in the automotive field.
Anyway, while I was doing my internship, we were expected to give a report on the
Monday Morning Quarterback.
It was an email that circulated throughout the office furniture industry.
It was set up like a newsletter,
and kept everyone updated on big stuff.
Upcoming trade shows,
upcoming legislation that may affect our sales/ manufacturing, etc.
So, anyway...this is just a long way for me to let you know that I'm
writing a new random list of updates for today.
- I do believe the long-awaited nesting-instinct is starting to kick in. I normally feel unorganized, but lately I feel scattered, unorganized, and unclean. And it's starting to drive me nuts. I'm even noticing dirt on my light plates. Ugh. I'm hoping instinct= motivation. I've hit the mud room and organized that, but I still have a few follow up things to do in there. I also spent a LONG time in the boys' room today purging and organizing toys. There will probably be tears shed later, but they will be ORGANIZED tears.
- I had a FANTASTIC political talk with a friend this morning. We're normally on different sides of the aisle- she's a moderate....I'm pretty conservative. Our discussion was done with respect, honor, and words were spoken in love. No accusations...just "this is how I interpret it...." or "well, I think about this instead...." There were things I never thought about, and things she's never even heard of (she admittedly only listens to the news reports on TV...so her viewpoint will be skewed and not substantiated). She's promised to do more in-depth research, and I've promised to keep communications open with her. It was great. Why can't everyone talk about politics this way?
- In reference to the last point, I am pro-politics....anti-politician.
- The power company is trimming trees in our area. This frustrates me. They totally butcher those poor trees.
- The nausea I had during the first trimester is coming back in this home stretch. Ugh. Seriously.... one bout per pregnancy is ENOUGH!!!
- There's a company called Jack's Wholesale Windows in my area that has the most AWFUL commercials in the whole wide world. Seriously.....it's just darn annoying. I change the channel every time they come on. And I'd never shop there- regardless of their prices....just out of spite. Just so annoyed.
- There's a cold front coming through later today. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't unbelievably excited about this!
- I'm praying for LOTS of rain this week. Why? Because if it does rain, our painter can't do the job he's scheduled to do this week.....which means his schedule frees up so he can come HERE to the love shack for stain and lacquer. WOOHOO! Bad thing = I will only have a tad less than 24 hours notice to get out of the house for a few days. I will have a dog and two kids with me- and need Internet access for work. Thankfully, I have an amazing friend with an extra room who is willing to put us up with short notice. She's awesome. :)
- This means that there's a slight chance that we could be totally trimmed up by the end of this week, and possibly painted by the end of next week! YEAH! This could be going faster than I anticipated. However, I am the contractor's wife. I understand that unexpected delays can (and usually do) happen. So...not counting chickens before they're hatched.
- We also had all the bedrooms measured for carpet last week. They agreed to give us the same "contractor's deal" that they gave us last time....which we were totally thankful for. I just need to wait for some samples from the representatives, and we'll be all set to order carpet!
- I have a
pilemountain of laundry that needs to be folded and ironed. Anyone want to volunteer to come do that for me? I just love those 12 seconds you have when all the laundry is done- before you discover that you need to do yet another load. 12 seconds of sheer bliss.
- I have decided to keep my daily to-do lists at 12 items long. Never longer. I never finish a list anyway, and having a list that shows 35 undone things makes me feel like a failure....so only showing 3-4 undone things...well, that makes me feel more like I accomplished a majority of things I meant to do that day. Actually, one day last week, I completed the entire list- for the first time. I felt like a million bucks, I tell ya. So....yep- 12 items long. That's it.
- Dave and I made a decision to forgo fall sports. The boys will be involved with a few programs, but no big time commitments or sports. This is a decision we made for a few reasons: 1) baby on the way....the biggest reason. 2) We feel like we're always being pulling in a million different directions. We'd like to focus on transitioning C. into full time school, and keep time separate for family stuff. They're only small for so long- and having that strong family bond is important to establish right now. 3) I'm tired! I don't want to be shuffling schedules and shuttling kids here and there and everywhere. Yes, call me selfish. I'm ok with that.
- Continuing with limited or no- screen time has really been going well in our house! I'm surprised! But, the boys are playing better together- this is translating into playing better with others, and I'm noticing a BIG difference in their listening skills when screens are on vs. off. They're more imaginative, and just less anxious in general. I'm really lovin' it! Who knew?
- I believe I'm obsessed with honey crisp apples. I cannot get enough. I'm totally blowing the grocery budget to buy them (due to spring frost, our Michigan apple crop was pretty much killed off....supply/demand thingy...wahlah, apples cost more in the fall), but I don't care! I've already had THREE apples today! And planning on eating another after school today. Oh so GOOD!
- I made this recipe on Saturday night:
Guys, it's nothing short of AMAZING! It is involved, so be forewarned. I didn't realize it would take as long as it did to make. So, the boys ate peanut butter sandwiches at 6pm, and Dave and I inhaled this goodness around 7:30. BUT...it was TOTALLY worth the effort. And it makes a LOT. BEST DINNER EVER! My belly thanks me every time I have left overs right now. :)
Gluten free modifications: I used Bragg's Amino Acids in place of soy sauce. That's it! I highly recommend it....SO GOOD!!!!
- I'm feeling antsy to change my hair style/ color again. I understand this is a popular feeling in pregnancy/ post partum. I'm going to try to resist the urge to do anything drastic....but a wee bit of change can't be all bad, right?
- Ok, I have 8 more things on my to-do list to finish before the end of the day. They're not getting themselves done....and your retinas are probably burning....so Happy Monday!