Friday, September 21, 2012

Happy 5QF- Crazy Weekend Edition!!!

GAH!  Seriously, I left the house this morning to drop my boys off at school.


And I haven't been home yet.

I'm sitting in the school office - waiting to pick my boys up from school- writing this blog post.

Cause I don't have enough time to head home and back before they get out....

...and you know, why not?


It's a totally crazy busy weekend coming up...


...and a big day for Dave and I tomorrow (hint, it celebrates something that happened 11 years ago tomorrow), and no kids!  (yay!)

So...let's get to some questions, shall we?

1. What is one grammar issue you cannot let go without correction?
 
This depends.
 
If the grammar is spoken, it's a double negative that just floors me.
 
"I don't got none."  GAH!!!  I'll usually put a big obnoxious smile on my face and say "Oh, so you have some, or you don't have any....because I'm confused."
 
Gosh, I'm obnoxious.  :)
 
Written word pet peeves include the improper use of their, there and they're. 
 
Or you're and your
 
or It's and its
 
and two, too and to.
 
Yes, I'm a grammer snob.  I blame my private school eduction for this. 
 
It's a burden I must bare.  (places hand to forehead)
 

2. What's your favorite thing about fall?

Cooler temps.  Honey crisp apples.  Crispy air.  Colorful trees.

Really, what's not to like about fall?


3. What's your favourite dish to take to a potluck?

Anything gluten free!  Potlucks are like russian roulette with my gut.  So, if I know there's something safe for me, I'm all about it.

4. When do you start Christmas (Holiday) shopping?
 
Ok...  this is literally causing me anxiety.  I'm usually half done by now.  This year, I haven't even started!  And I'm having a baby in about 4 weeks....perhaps that's why I'm not sleeping well at night!

 
5. Did you move homes a lot growing up?
 
NOPE!  My childhood was the epitome of the word "stable."  I never moved houses, never even moved bedrooms!  I moved from my childhood bedroom into my husband's house.  Although, I probably should have tried living on my own for a bit, the timing never worked out for me to head out on my own.  Besides, I was already head-strong and stuck-in-my-ways enough....without putting some individual habits in there.  :)

2 comments:

mrsmarkdave said...

I'm a grammar snob, too. DRIVES me INSANE!

retired not tired said...

i have allergies and so does my husband so I only like to take something familiar to a potluck. i ask everyone what is in their dish. My grandson is on a gluten free diet so we have become very careful.