Thursday, September 27, 2012

Hodge Podge Thursday- see if you can follow my crazy brain

My friend, Melody, and I went to the Melting Pot on Tuesday night.  I didn't realize how long its been since I've seen her.  Dinners there take 3 hours.  I'm so glad!  It gave us TONS of time to catch up, and we probably could have talked another 3 hours.  Love that girl.

Speaking of Melody, I'm staying at her house tonight.  I packed the boys and dog (and myself) up at 6:30 this morning, and decided to be a transient all day until the boys got out of school.  This means one thing:  lacquer started today!  I drove by the house a few times, and could literally smell the lacquer from the road....in my closed car.  THAT'S how sensitive my nose is.  My dear friend isn't home tonight, so we're essentially house/dog sitting.  However, her lovely dog won't come within 10 feet of me.  I'm trying not to have a complex about it.  I'm really a friendly person, Coda!!!

Today I am 37 weeks pregnant.  Tomorrow my sister-in-law is being induced.  She doesn't know what she's having.  I think it's a boy.  We'll see soon!

I've realized, through being transient today, that I really am a home-body.  I'm totally ok with this revelation.

C. is officially on the mend.  He's down to one breathing treatment a day!  And crazy amounts of steroids still, but hey....mending is mending, right?

I have a list of things left to do at home (i.e. call the Dr. regarding a bill, order the carpeting, etc.)....this list needs to get done this week....but I'm not sure how I'm going to complete it.  Oh well.

Rolos are gluten free.  Awesomeness.

I'm grateful for wi-fi...and wireless cards.  I can take work anywhere.

I arrived to my boy's school for pick up exactly one hour too early.  I had no where else to go, and didn't want to spend anymore money at stores.  So, I parked, reclined my seat, hiked my belly to the side, and took a nap.  I'm not sure if I was snoring or not...I don't really care.  I awoke in time to hit the bathroom before pick up.  I consider that awesome.

I'm wishing the boys didn't have school tomorrow.  I could use another day hanging out with them.

I'm almost wondering if Baby Girl's room will possibly be ready before her arrival?  This is a remote possibility now.  But I'm still not sure it will happen.  All the stars and planets would have to align.

A. has his first book report due tomorrow.  I'm glad it's finished and packed away in his backpack.  Third grade is hard.

I have one hour left until the boys' bedtime, so I'm off for some quality cuddle time!

2 comments:

Mama M. said...

Just (FINALLY!!!) catching up with your week...asthma is so scary. I'm so sorry you had to go thought that...and C too!
37 weeks?! Your pregnancy has FLOWN by! For me, anyway. Can't wait to "meet" that sweet baby girl f yours!

Anonymous said...

Yum... rolos... I approve :) So glad you got an extended visit with Melody - sweet!