There are a few things I learned in my short stint of country living:
1. The smell of manure in the morning makes me dry heave.
2. The one hour and 12 minute round trip to drop the boys off at school could get annoying to do everyday.
3. The drive in is amazing - Michigan leaves are starting to turn- especially the red and yellow ones.
4. There are many dillweeds behind the wheel on the road early in the morning.
5. The quiet out here is unparalleled, though. Beautiful quiet. :)
Anyway, I'm going to be happy and content with my peaceful city-dirt road abode. :) And abbreviated commute to ....well, everywhere. :)
But am totally grateful for a safe place to go with the boys so we can breathe safe air while our house gets polluted. :) Thank you, Mel!
1. Do you prefer to drive to your vacation spot or fly?
Depends on where we're going. Eight hours in the car is pretty much my limit. So, anywhere farther than an 8 hour drive- hook me up with wings.
That said, I like both means of transportation. I love a good road trip...but I also love riding in planes. Just get me travelling!
2. If you could live any where in the world, where would you go and why?
Like "live" permanently?!?!? Michigan, baby! I'll admit, I'm smitten with my mitten. :) I love seeing all 4 seasons, I love the people here, I love the geography. And being close to family.
Now, if only we could get the mitten to turn the other color (my happy color) in November....then, I'd truely be in love!
3. Should grown women wear leggings?
I think that there are some women who can pull off leggings to a decent degree. The problem is, there are too many women who think they are in this category....and they're just....well, not.
I think there's a lot of respect for women who know how to dress age appropriately for their body type- and manage to not look matronly....but not look like they're 65 years old shopping at Express, you know?
4. If you could change your name to any other name, would you? And what would it be?
I've never really thought about this. I'm just so used to being Sandy...I can't imagine answering to any other name.
So, no...I wouldn't.
5. What magazines do you have subscriptions to?
I've had a subscription of All You for the past few years. And I really enjoyed that one, but when the renewal came around....well, we just decided to forego it until the discretionary income frees up a bit.
After I registered for baby items at Babies R Us, all of a sudden, every baby magazine has found its way to my mailbox. So, essentially, I now have a subscription to every Baby magazine ever written.
next question: ask me if I read them....
Answer: not really.