Friday, March 11, 2011

Random Friday List (and some 5QF!)

1.  This weekend's schedule is JAM PACKED.

2.  I'm not a JAM PACKED schedule person by nature.

3.  It stresses me out.

4.  I need to remind myself to enjoy where I'm at this weekend.

5.  Instead of stressing about where I need to get to in the next x-minutes.

6.  Today is Daddy Day at C's preschool.

7.  They're both excited.

8.  C is MOST excited about riding in daddy's work van coming home.

9.  He even wore his "daddy shirt" today - since it has tools on it.

10.  I think I'll wear a "daddy shirt" to our date on Saturday...but it doesn't have tools on it.  :)

Ok, Five Question Friday!!!






1. Do you know what your REAL hair color is?


Yes, I do thankyouverymuch.  It's a dirty dish water blond.  I used to complain about it, but having that kind of base color is actually the perfect foundation for any highlight or lowlight I choose. 

I used to go all high lights, and then after I saw the brassy-ness of my hair in C's baptism pictures, we started gradually going darker with more lowlights.  This last time...well, I totally committed to all low lights and a little red.  :)  Makes me happy.


2. Do you plan ahead for summer, or fly by the seat of your pants?

Ummmm...both.  I try to have a planned activity for the boys at least once a month - camp, vbs, camping, basketball, zoo school, whatever.

Then, we have other smaller activities that we fill in with:  zoo, swimming, hiking, play dates, etc.


3. What is your favorite meal to cook?


Cream Cheese stuffed Bacon wrapped Chicken Breast.  Sends me into a low-carb frenzy.  Yum.


4. Do you get offended by not receiving thank yous?

Not really "offended." 

But I think that the receiver of my gift isn't very appreciative of it or the effort I put into getting that gift.  But, on the other hand, I LOVE giving...I'm a giver by nature, and we're taught to have servant's hearts too.

I just think that we're not impressing on our children a feeling of gratitude and thankfulness.  We're already battling a generation of entitlement coming into the workforce right now.  I, for one, don't want my children thinking they're entitled to anything and need to show come common courtesy to say "thank you."

5. How did you meet your best friend?

I have two.

I met Gina in 9th grade.  We actually didn't like each other at first.  She had transferred in from a place she loved and had quite the chip on her shoulder.   And I was fresh out of parochial school - wwwwaaayyyy too eager to make new friends.  We warmed up to each other throughout Algebra in 9th grade, and were acquaintances until Senior year.  The summer after senior year, we were inseparable.  We've managed to maintain a very close relationship even though many miles separate us.

I met Melody at a wedding rehearsal a few years ago.  She was the only one that noticed I wasn't eating or drinking the beer and pizza offered.  So, I explained to her everything that was happening with me being gluten free, and we talked for about the whole 3 hours we were there.  After the wedding, I didn't see her much until she started the nutrition classes with me.  Now we text at least 20 times a day, and try to see each other as much as possible with our crazy lives.

2 comments:

Anne said...

Nice one…

Followed you here from FQF, hope you can follow me back…

Here’s my share:

http://emotera-momikoito.blogspot.com/2011/03/fqf-mine-is-black-really.html

Just for a Thought
My Prince  Macoi
Trying Hard Techie
Emotera
My All

Thank you.

Mama M. said...

Ahhhh...best friends! I love it...and to top it off, we have built in best friends in our husbands!!

Life is good.

You and I have the enviable "dish water blonde"/wonderful base color hair color!! Lucky us. ;)