Monday, August 27, 2012

The Shower

I could alternatively title this:

**The Shower that Pintrest Built**

**Watch out Better Homes and Gardens, my shower rocked your magazine pictures**

Or just,

**Daaaaaaaaannnnnnnggggggg, I'm blessed.**


Saturday was my baby shower.


It was amazing.


Amazing day.

Amazing company.

Amazing decorations.

Amazing food.

Amazing hostesses.

My only regret is that I didn't get more pictures of the attendees.

There were people there from all walks of my life-

MOPS, church, small group, friends, family

All chit chatting...enjoying their time together.

Oh....and the decor.

Seriously.....


Off.the.hook.

Wanna see?


Here's what greeted me at the front door.

The colors perfectly coordinated with baby girl's nursery colors.

Again...amazing, ladies!



Hanging in the foyer.

(Thank you, Craig for risking life and limb for some pretty decor!)



There were framed signs strategically placed with cute little sayings on them.

They matched the invitations perfectly.

It's good to know a graphic designer, huh?

Love it.




Attention was paid to every little detail.


Every.little.detail.  :)



The guests were abundantly generous!

Gifts were overflowing the table and on the floor.

Girl stuff is too cute,

 and fun,

and making me excited to meet our little one!


Sigh.

This is the only picture of my guests in attendance.

So, these two cuties will just have to represent the other 20 ladies.  :)

But they represent well, right?



Instead of games (which I'm sort of allergic to),

we did a craft.

Which is much more up my alley.  :)

Decorating onsies!

Yo.  These guests have skills!

Once baby girl gets here, I'll photograph her in them so you can all see.

But they're GREAT!





Ok...the food.

The awesome, awesome food.

The awesome GLUTEN FREE food.


Mmmmmm, cake.








Ok, clearly, I need to work on my taking-pics-with-back-light skills, but hey....

look at that FOOD!




A few guests have asked me for recipes, check the end of the post for them, mmmm'k?


My mom came!

Not sure what's happening with my hair there....

but happy to spend the afternoon with her too.




My hostesses!

Two of my favorite ladies.  :)

And I'm not just sayin' that because they threw me a shower.

Seriously....high quality friends, here.  :)

Aren't they lovely?!?!?




I've always given my hostesses from showers a "thank you" gift.

I love bringing something for them on the day of the shower.

Since I was terribly jealous of all the crafting they'd been doing, I decided to craft myself a bit.

I made these lovelies.





Yep!

I broke out the Cricut and did some glass etching.

Then, I found some coordinating roses

and wahlah:


Super fun hostess gifts for super fun hostesses!


Ok...food:

DIY mini fruit pizzas

Sugar cookies made from this recipe.

I believe they left off the colored sugar.

Fruit dip made with cream cheese and marshmallow creme.
1 brick to one tub.
Blend and refrigerate.

Top with desired cut fruit.



Chive and Goat cheese dip
1 cup sour cream
5 oz. goat cheese
1 1/2 tsp garlic salt
2-3 tablespoons of fresh chopped chives

Place all ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth.
Chill and serve.
Enjoy, Rach!



Popcorn
(alternatively called Crackcorn...seriously...it's that good)
1 bag microwave popcorn (or 4 cups air popped)
1 cup Rice Crispies or Rice Chex
1/4 cup dry roasted salted peanuts
1/2 lb. Almond Bark (or Candi-Quik)
1 TBS. Peanut Butter
M&M's (optional)

Place popcorn, cereal and peanuts in large pan.
Melt almond bark and peanut butter in microwave.
Pour over dry ingredients, mix well.
Spread on wax paper, let dry for a few hours.


5 comments:

Ingrid Reineking said...

But the cake, oh, the cake. Talk about crack. I fell in love at first bite.

It was a beautiful and fun shower. I kind of wish I were having a baby in the "Pinterest Generation"...well, not THAT much!

Congrats to the whole Hop clan on baby girl Hop. Can't wait to meet her!

Brittney said...

Ohhh, how lovely! So happy you had such a wonderful shower!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love my roses and I love you! Such a pleasure to throw that shower and have an excuse to craft ;) So glad you enjoyed it - now I can't wait to meet that baby girl!

Rach said...

YO!! Such a great shower and I agree, it was beautiful! The details details details!! Thanks for the recipes!! Nice to know that I realistically ate an entire tub of sour cream with that amazing goat cheese dip. Nom nom nom nom.

Lesley said...

Yay. Made the blog! Great shower. So fun!! Can't wait to meet sweet Baby Girl Hop.