Friday, August 10, 2012

5QF- Black curtain edition

The curtain is gone!

The CURTAIN IS GONE!!!

THE BIG BLACK (BANE OF MY EXISTENCE) CURTAIN IS GONE!!!

Well, almost mostly gone...but almost counts in horseshoes, hand grenades...and big plastic curtains.

Yesterday, the insulators finished spraying the attic, and as soon as Dave got home, he started tearing at it.

Except he got home late, and we had family night at the boy's camp to get to.

Yeah, we were 15 minutes late picking them up.

But we *partly blame* the Pokey Pete we ended up behind on the road.

Dang, he was slow.

There were a total of 17 cars in a caravan behind him.

Most of us headed to camp.

Pokey Pete got a few dirty looks when we all arrived.

Anyway, part of the wood frame that held the big black curtain is still up, so until that comes down, I'm going to refrain from taking pictures. 

But, I'll post some very very soon.

I'm EXCITED!!!





Ok, let's get to some questions:

1. Thunder storms- love them or hate them?

LOVE!

Growing up, my bedroom window was off Lake Michigan.  If my windows were open, I could hear a thunderstorm rolling in from MILES away.  Oh MAN, do I miss that!

Yes, most certainly LOVE them.


2. Do your kids get back to school clothes?

I do a good bit of shopping a year ahead for clothing (clearance, consignment, and misc. other sales), so I really don't have to have a large expenditure for back to school.  My mom took them supply shopping during Camp Grandma and Grandpa last week, so that's all set. (Thanks, mom!!!)

The only thing I really wait for back-to-school for is shoes.  I can never predict what their feet will do.  While C's feet only grew 1 1/2 sizes, A's grew 3.  A. is now measuring a size 7.  SEVEN.  Which means he's no longer in the boy's shoes....he's in the MEN'S shoes.

I went to a tent sale for a high-end shoe store a few weeks ago, and it was outrageous.  The EXACT same shoe (EXACT SAME!!!) in size 6 (boys) was on clearance for $29.90.  Size 7 (men's) was $56.60.  Seriously...the EXACT SAME SHOE....ONE SIZE DIFFRENT!!!  Seriously?!?!?  Grrrrr.

I have shoe sticker shock.

Hold me.

Then hand me your wallet.

3. Do you golf? Do you watch it?

I've golfed a total of ONCE in my life.  It was ok.  I was learning.  I had a few really good hits...the rest of the time, I just spent combing the rough for my ball which was frustrating.

Do I watch it?  Um, no.  I'd rather visit the dentist.....

4. Showers or baths?

Shower, shower, shower.

I'm not a fan of sitting in my own dirt.  I want it washing off me, not soaking in.  If I do ever take a bath for relaxation, it's usually immediately followed by a shower- to wash the rest of the dirt off.


5. What's the strangest meal you ever ate?

I'd have to go with a pizza we ordered in Austria.  There was certainly a language barrier, and we ordered a "pepperoni house-special pizza."  Yeah....There were loooooong peppers strung all over it, and a few pieces of some sort of meat....and, then, on one piece - an egg.  A soft boiled egg.

It was so strange.  But adventurous.  And fun.  :)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

#1 - Hold me, then hand me your wallet - chuckles!
#2 - Can't wait to see the black curtain down!
#3 - Same with me for the bath thing
#4 - Hilarious that we both used the phrase, I've golfed exactly once - two great minds that think alike!
#5 - In Australia (not Austria) they often crack an egg on top of a pizza before it goes in the oven. You can also order your burgers with a fried egg

mrsmarkdave said...

That's funny about the pizza. When my brother was in Europe, he did the exact same thing - ordered a pepperoni pizza.