We went to their open house last night, and seeing their teachers, books, classmates, principal, etc, just got them so JAZZED up to see our school family again.
- Excited for some time alone before baby girl arrives (read: nap, nesting and work time),
- Gonna miss them like crazy
- NOT looking forward to the crazy mornings.
- After talking to A's teacher last night, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that I'm a little apprehensive over all the expectations of 3rd grade! He's growing up, and I know it's an appropriate time to push him to the next level....but seriously! It's going to be a wild ride this year. Dave and I are up for it, though. :)
1. If you could have been (could be) any profession you wanted (brains and $$$ no problem) what would it be?
I think I'd go for a Doctor of some sort. Probably more along the natro-path lines. I find that the more I learn about the human body (how it works, how it's fearfully and wonderfully made), the more I want to know. And I LOVE it when people listen to me share my knowledge with them. I think there's a great opportunity to help people take the reigns to heal themselves.
2. How often do you clean out your car?
Are you talking about deep cleaning (i.e. actually vacuum and wipe the dash, etc?)....ummmm, probably once or twice a year.
It's not that I love living in filth.....it's just one of the most THANKLESS jobs. Like mopping the kitchen floor....as soon as you clean it, it's dirtied up again. One hour later, it's like it never happened. That's so frustrating for me. So, I tend to avoid it. :)
3. Do you wish there was such a thing as fashion police or are you deeply relieved?
Depends on what the fashion police are using as a guideline.
Stacey London's guidelines? Oh, heck no! I have no interest in maintaining that type of lifestyle. There are other priorities.
People of Walmart's guidelines? Yep, sure! That lady who tucked her breasts into her pants totally needs to be ticketed.
4. What's your go to food/drink/activity when stressed?
I bake. And bake. There's something about working through a recipe and beating the crap out of a batter....and sitting quietly while it bakes....helps me work through a lot.
Otherwise, I'll indulge in some chocolate. Yep...I'm a stress eater. Working on it, though.
I'd LOVE to say it's natural for me to just be a stress prayer....But, I'm not. I need to be though.
5. If you had twins, what would you name them?
I'd go with some colorful names for girls.
Names like Ruby and Hazel.
Boys are harder. I'm not a trendy name person, so I'd probably pick something old school:
Samuel and Luke or something like that .....
My grandma had twin boys, and named them Edward and Edwin. We called them Ed and Bud. I thought that was pretty cool/ funny. :)