Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The obligatory First Day of School post


The boys started school yesterday.

The rest of Michigan starts on Tuesday.

I love that we started a week ahead.

I was ready.

So were they.


Here's a pic of the boys outside the school on our way in.

I asked them to take a nice pic.

I was sure that one of them would give me a fit about posing together.

But, when the time came,

this is what they gave me.

Oh melt my mom-heart.




I took A. down first- because I knew my opportunity to catch a pic would be slim.

Here he is right after unloading into the locker.

You should see the end of year pic I have of him with the lockers last year.

Homeboy GREW over the summer!




Then, I took my **new** school boy down to Kindergarten.

Oh, how I love that grin!

He was SO excited to see his old friends, meet new ones,
use his NEW Spiderman lunchbox...

...you name it, he was excited about it.



He sits on the "C" for circle time.

Appropriate, don't you think?




After getting C. situated, I decided to go wish A. a great day at school.

I called his name a few times....


....but by now I was a pretty distant memory.  :)


I cannot tell you enough how much I LOVE our school. 

I love that it's a safe environment for my children to excel academically and socially.

I love that they learn God's way of living.

I love that they are prayed for.

And loved.


And I love that I have an entire day all to myself.

You know....for the next 7.5 weeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm a little jealous of your alone time, but soon enough you'll be waking up with that baby, then perhaps the jealousy will wane ;)