Friday, August 17, 2012

5QF

It's almost the end of summer.


Crap.



The boys and I only have 11 more days left of this summer, and I'm packing as much fun in as I can!!!

Then, I loose them to another year of school.  :(

Sigh.


We had a packed social schedule yesterday, and another one again today.  I love it!

It's fun to see everyone that I've put off all summer -

you know,


thinking I had **all summer** to catch up with them.

Then I CRAM all these catch-up sessions into the last few weeks of summer.

Can I have a few more weeks, please?!?!?

Anyway....C. has his well-child visit this morning.

He needs his last few immunizations.

I know he needs shots.

He doesn't.

Anyone have any advice?  Eeeeekkkk.


He's a strong little booger.


I think vaccinations is the worst part of child-rearing.  :(

UPDATE:  We're already home from the Dr. He needed FOUR shots in order to get up to date for kindergarten.  He grabbed both of my fingers, said OUCH, turned red, and started to cry.  Broke my darn heart.  He let me hug him a few times afterward.  (I think I needed the hug more than he did).  He says they still hurt, but is glad they're done.  A trip to Krispy Kreme on the way home has sped up his healing process...and he is now chilling on the couch watching Curious George.  Sigh.

But it beats a diagnosis and aftermath of polio, right?






1. What's the one thing you buy every time you walk into the store?


It seems like I'm always buying milk.  We go through so much milk in this house!  It doesn't help that A. is a carbivore- who can WOLF down an entire box of cereal in one morning.

2. If you had a day all to yourself how would you spend it?

I'd probably stay at home, work a bit, clean a bit, and nap a whole lot.

I have a lot of crafts that I need to get a move on if they're going to be ready by the time baby girl gets here, so I'd probably craft too.

Then, I would probably invite a few childless friends over for coffee.  No offense to my child-ed friends....it's just easier to visit with childless friends when you, yourself, are childless.

Then I'd take another nap.  :)

3. Are you a speed limit driver? If not, over or under?

Oh gosh....I am not sure if I could drive the speed limit if my life depended on it!  I have such a lead foot, it's not funny.  I do maintain a safe speed....I just have a hard time staying within 5 of the posted limit.  I'm usually 10 above.

4. What's your favorite dessert to make, homemade or from a mix??

I have a new favorite dessert.  I made it for the first time yesterday.  It's called the Green Dragon.

You can find the recipe here.  (Note:  you're going to want to check it out....mint chocolate chip ice cream, oreos, Butterfinger, butter....you're going to want to check it out!!!!!).

I made a gluten free modification easily....and it was divine.  Oh so divine.

5. Would you rather have a spider or a mouse scurry across your face (no copping out and saying "neither!!")?

Ok....can I say neither....since I'VE LIVED IT?!?!?!?  (only with a chipmunk on my face?!?!?!?).

BUT...if I had to pick one....gah...not sure.  Spiders just CREEP me the heck out.  Seriously ...heebie jeebies.

Mice carry more bacteria....and I don't like fur on my face.  But again, I've lived through fur on my face....so, there's that.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I forget about your chipmunk... so sorry that ever happened to you! Not sorry about green dragon, it is delicious!

Nani said...

The Green Dragon sounds good! My hubby likes mint chip ice cream a lot too. Maybe that should be his next birthday cake??

To be honest anything scurrying across my face would be terrible!