Friday, October 28, 2011

5QF

I.am.exhausted.

A. had a teeny little cold last week, and C. now has it.  For an asthmatic child, it's never a teeny cold.  We've had a 4 year old bunking with us the last two nights...and last night there was no sleep to be had.  We narrowly avoided an ER visit - for which I'm extremely grateful.  But, now I'm tired.  C. is napping on the couch fully engolfed in Vicks vapo rub (for littles), and I'm here blogging with a full plate of work in front of me. 

Motherhood is such a blessing.  A very tiring blessing.

1. Do you prefer cotton, silk, or flannel sheets?


I'm a cotton girl.  We have a set of flannel that we pull out in Jan/ Feb.  But those only last a week before we realize that we are now in a house that has insulation, and don't need the crazy hot sheets.

I have a few pairs of a Sateen sheet.  Not silky, still cotton....but ohhhhh, so cozy!


2. What time zone are you in?

Eastern

3. What is your favorite part of the holiday season?

The gift giving.  Thinking of my recipient and finding the perfect gift for them. 

The socializing.  I love being with friends and family doing parties and just hanging out.

The decorating.  There's just something about trimming a Christmas tree.

The worshiping.  Don't forget what the season is all about.

4. What is your favorite "wintry" drink? (It doesn't have to be an "alcoholic" drink!)

Coffee.  Anything coffee.

5. In your opinion, what is the worst job in the world?
 
Ever watch Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe?  Pretty much any job that he goes to is what I would consider the worst job in the world.  And yet, I continue to watch and just am totally grateful he's there and NOT me.  :)
 
 



6 comments:

Trinity said...

LOL, I said something about Dirty Jobs, too! :shudder:

Sarann said...

I agree with you on the sateen sheets! Have a great weekend!

Keri said...

Confession: I totally have a crush on Mike Rowe.

Anonymous said...

I also have a crush on Mike Rowe - dirty jobs is an awesome show!

Sandra Tyler said...

From one Sandy to another: I too have an asthmatic child. He's 8 now, but as we speak, upstairs trying to sleep after another dose of the nebulizer. He's 8 now, and i certianly had my own scary moments. Colds alway start and stay in the chest. Hang in there! Maybe we'll both get some sleep tonight (I was up all night last night too)

Mama M. said...

For the two Sandys...I "used to" have an asthamtic child. He's 15 now and outgrew his asthma quite awhile ago! Allergies galore, still, but no breathing issues! His was "infection" induced asthma, so anytime he got a cold, it was awful, but we were told that that kind of asthma was the most likely to grow out of and he did! Prayers for your kiddos that they outgrow their asthma...and that you get sleep!
I remember those days...lack of sleep from a coughing, sick kiddo, but also lack of sleep from worrying.