Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Wednesday Ten...because others are doing it too. :)

If Gini can do it, so can I, right?!?!

1.  As of last night, all of our parties are now over.  Christmas is dismantled.  Toys put away.  Life is going back to normal.  As much as I've looked forward to "normalcy" for the past month, I'm kinda sad.

2.  There is a Tropical Smoothie Cafe new in our area.  As a matter of fact, the owner is a mom at my MOPS table.  They have a smoothie called Orange Dream.  It's amazing.  It's not on the menu currently, which makes me think that it's probably a seasonal one...but you can still order it anytime.  I highly recommend it.  Oh....YUM!

3.  At the New Year's Day party yesterday, C. spent almost the entire day playing with Play Doh.  He spent the entire 25 minute drive home telling us about how awesome the Play Doh was.  Then I realized we have ZERO Play Doh in the house (not by accident...I loathe the stuff).  So, today during a pilgrimage to Target....Play Doh was purchased.  Not with my money....but apparently, C. thought it was awesome enough to break open the piggy bank.  It's not a total loss, though.  He's been quiet for the last hour.

4.  I need to purge my house of crappy food.  I have little will power.

5.  We are now shopping around for Health Insurance options again.  This is my LEAST favorite thing to do.  I really really dislike it.  I would rather go to the dentist.  If you know me...that is defcon 5.

6.  Baby L. got her first set of immunizations on Friday.  Her cry was nothing short of heartbreaking.  Seriously.  I've never heard her cry like that before....it made me want to cry.  To top that off, I scheduled the boys for flu shots that same morning.  Great times.  Because this is C's first flu shot, he has to go back for a booster in 4 weeks.  I haven't told him that yet....the first time was bad enough.

7.  My FMLA leave is almost up, and I'll need to return back to work soon.  Thank goodness I work from home...BUT it was SO NICE not to be stressing out every day/ all day for a while.  I'm going to miss that.

8.  Yeah...this whole fiscal cliff thingy?  Seriously...congress is essentially just rearranging deck furniture on the Titanic.  We're all still going down.

9.  Michelle is coming over for a play date today.  I'm giddy.  Play dates with anyone have been lacking since school started.  School days are such a buzz kill.

10.  Target has some awesome clearance going on right now.  I highly recommend a trip.  Without kids.

2 comments:

Big Fat Gini said...

Rearranging chairs on the deck of the Titanic. No lie. Hands down the best description ever.

Anonymous said...

Loved our time together - Liam told me on the way home that A was the sledding champion of the neighborhood - he was in awe!