Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Tuesday Ten

1.  Between Baby L, C's new cough with cold, C's asthma, and Ally banging on her cage to go outside (three times!), I had a total of 45 minutes of sleep last night.  Dave was out plowing, so I solo parented the whole gig.  Awesome.  Dave was out all night, and then went straight to work.  On no sleep.  Sleep deprived team parenting....not for the faint of heart.

2.  Dave's back and neck were hurting him, so I flipped and rotated our mattress.  Now he feels great, and my neck and back are hurting.  Go figure.  No good deed goes unpunished.

3.  Baby L. has never been a good napper...but lately, it's at an epic point.  I take that back...she'd be a GREAT napper---- if I stood above her and kept putting her pacifier back in her mouth every 3 minutes.  Sleep training is not for the faint of heart.

4.  A. is in Cadets this year- which is like a Christian CRC-based Boy Scouts.  He earned his first badge.  He's chest-puffing proud of that badge.  Little did I know, his first badge would turn into a HUGE home economics project for me- hand sewing snaps on a badge holder and affixing it to his shirt...sewing the badge on the badge holder, etc.  Oh my.  I'm already 4 hours into this project and have yet to get it on his shirt.

5.  We had to switch Baby L. to a soy-based formula.  I'm afraid digestive issues are a dominant trait in the females of my lineage.  While it's a marked improvement, we've got a ways to go before we have a happy baby all the time.

6.  I'm so grateful for my parents.  They've offered to help with childcare one day a week after I return to work.  My kids are so excited to see them more often.  The gift of their time is better than any physical gift they could ever wrap up.

7.  My dog likes to chew fabric.  And by "chew" I mean destroy.  There is only one blanket left in my house that doesn't have holes torn through.  I can't even leave a laundry basket of towels laying around...she's crazy.  I hope it's a phase she outgrows.

8.  My boys are newly obsessed with Justin Bieber.  They have no school today, and they are wearing their baseball caps around the house cocked at a derelict-angle.  I had hoped to avoid the whole "biebs" thing.  Oh well.

9.  I'm always amazed by all the women who encourage me to leave the baby at home or get out without the baby, etc.  Guess what?!?!?  There's a bazillion things pulling us in different directions- all asking us to leave the kiddos behind.  I have a short time with them when they still want to be around me.  I was made for this moment- quit asking me to give it up.

10.  I had a few minutes of free time yesterday.  Instead of using it for something productive, I chose to redo my MOPS craft with a different paper and redo some magnets on my fridge.  Not the smartest use of my time, but my kitchen is just a wee bit prettier.  :)

No comments: