Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Random Wednesday....wait...it *is* Wednesday, right?!?!?

  • I have no concept of days lately.  It started with Christmas break....but now I still can't figure out which day it is.  I've taken it as a sign that it's one of two things:  1- I'm slowly loosing it or 2- I just don't give a sh*t.

  • I'm swearing more and more lately.  I need to work on that.  Or maybe I don't.  No....I do think I need to work on that.  It's crass.  Right?

  • I have approximately one week before I have to return to work.  I have SOOO enjoyed not STRESSING out all the time.  I've really enjoyed going to bed and not feeling guilty for choosing sleep over hammering out that last audit.  BUT, I miss the paycheck.  And now that we have a hefty hospital bill to pay for....well, we need that paycheck.  Sigh.  But in the meantime, I plan to clean and organize my house (because I won't have time for it while working), and I have three books on hold at the library.  I plan to be blissfully slothful and read all three cover to cover.  I only get to do this once a year- with two kids....I can't imagine this happening again until Baby L. is a few years old....so I'm going to enjoy it now.

  • The boys have no juice boxes for lunch tomorrow.  I haven't made their lunches yet - just because I don't want to deal with the lack-of-juice-box issue.  Actually....there's one juice box left.  Which is probably worse than zero juice boxes.  Now I have to choose which one gets hydrated.

  • I would LOVE to start running again...but I cannot find the time.  Baby L. is uncooperative in the nap department during the day.  Uncooperative would actually be generous when describing it.

  • I washed, dried and folded four loads of laundry today.  In one swift bounce, Ally jumped into the center of it all and not only messed up all the folding, but proceeded to get the entire top level of clothing dirty.  Again.  I was seeing red.

  • Joel Taylor was a member of TVN (Tornado Videos.net) on Storm Chasers.  I'm a fan of his on Facebook.  Not only is he (very) easy on the eyes, but his posts are awesome and educated.  I highly recommend becoming a fan.  And yes, I do believe he looks like my husband.  It's his doppelganger- in my opinion.

  • The song "This girl is on fire" by Alisha Keyes is more than annoying.  And it's going to be stuck in my head for the rest of the night.

  • I just finished a three day detox/fast program.  While I'm impressed with the way I feel physically, I'm not impressed with the results on the scale.  This non-budging scale phenomena has happened to me every time I've had a baby.  Grrrrr. 

2 comments:

Kathy said...

#1 - thanks for getting that stupid song stuck in my head! Ah!

#2 - My scale is also being non-cooperative but no baby to blame. Perhaps we have faulty equipment? ;)

#3 - Miss you and love you! :)

Anonymous said...

Now I have to confess that I don't mind that song ;) We can still be friends, right?

Sometimes a detox just needs to reset us for the hard work ahead - don't be disheartened, friend!