Tuesday, June 9, 2009

29 Hours!

I recently had 29 hours without the boys. My mom dropped them off not that long ago. She's such a huge help when I need to get work done! Without her...well, frankly, I'd probably not have a job! Thanks mom!

Anyway, it was such a change of pace from my normal routines, I thought I'd include you in on the peacefullness differences of the past 29 hours.

As soon as they picked the boys up, I headed to meet a bride for a wedding consultation. (Not before I ran over my dropped cell phone and smashed it into a bunch of muddy little pieces!) Then, on the way home, I saw that the beauty school was open and stopped in to see if they could fit me in for my pedicure. They could! (just barely, but its done!) This is another example of the phrase, "you can put lipstick on a pig, but its still a pig." Yep, my feet are Ugly - with a capital U. But perhaps a little less ugly now. (By the way, this is #86 on my list!!!)

On the way home, I stopped by Nextel to discover that our repair insurance covered the damage to the phone! I love that we have insurance on our phones. Seriously, this is the third time this has really come in handy- and saved hundreds of dollars!!! Now I have pretty little phone, and since they didn't have the old model I was using, I got an upgrade! How do you like them apples?!?!?

Once home, I worked so efficiently it was crazy. Then I stopped to make dinner. I left the knife on the edge of the counter (total rebel, I am!), and I proceeded to make a meal that the boys wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole. Sauteed shrimp with artichokes, olives and red peppers on top of whole wheat angel hair pasta. Whoa. Yum.


Then, that night after finishing up on work, I folded what seemed like the never ending mountain pile of laundry. The difference, I could put it away right away in the boys rooms instead of sticking it back in the basket only to have Colin destroy it the next morning.

This morning, I slept in....until 7 am! Then I took my dear sweet time waking up and ate cold crunchy cereal along with hot tea(instead of the warm soggy cereal and cold tea I'm used to.) I was able to watch 10 minutes of morning news and take a nice long shower without having to lock the door!!! This morning I worked incredibly efficiently again, and even found myself with an hour or so to kill before my next set of appointments...so, off I went.

I visited the bank (walked in even!), made a huge deposit of left over garage sale crap treasures at the Salvation Army(see pic below), shopped at Target, and treated myself to Fuji Apple Chicken Salad at Panera...all in under 59 minutes! Seriously?!?!? Can you believe that?!?!?



And while I'm grateful for the time away from them, and I'm so grateful I had extra time to work, and they had a great time with grandma and grandpa...I'm even more grateful to have them home. For all the inconveniences and headaches...I wouldn't trade it for the world! I really love being a mom.

No comments: