On a totally unrelated note....the commute this morning to and from school made me a bit....stabby. Seriously, I think it was "idiot driver day." I cannot tell you how many almost accidents I saw- angels in Heaven were working overtime to keep people from dying, I'm tellin' ya! I will admit I had about 40 swear words (or combination there of) running through my head...but I didn't utter a single one. For someone who looses her (already loose grip on) the verbal filter during pregnancy...well, it was a modern-day miracle.
In case you were one of the crazies out there on the road, I'd like to provide you a refresher...or a tutorial for not killing me and mine on the road in the morning:
1. Turn lanes are there for a reason. Turning. If you are indeed turning, coming to a full and complete stop in the driving lane (and THEN turning into the turn lane) is ill-advised.
2. 20-30 feet is NOT enough room to turn in front of an oncoming car. ESPECIALLY if you are driving a semi-truck. Yes, that happened.
3. If you do not have the right of way, please don't keep backing into oncoming traffic thinking everyone will stop for you. You DO NOT have the right of way!!! People are turning into the gas station, and you are 2 inches from my bumper...and I have a semi behind me. I cannot back up. Stop moving.
4. If you are in the far right lane, please don't make a left hand turn. There are FIVE lanes here, people.
5. Get off your phone. Stop reading your ipad. I thought you were drunk. Yes, your driving was that bad.
6. Driving with one foot on the gas and the other on the brake is just plain dumb. And a great way to end up with my rusted front end up your arse. You do NOT need to tap your brake every 5 seconds.... forward motion in the driving lane- that's the name of the game.
7. If you choose to drive 10 mph below the speed limit, I'd advise you to move into the far right lane.
Ok...thank you for listening....I'm feeling less.....stabby. :) You're such a great friend to let me air out my grievances. :)
Shall we answer some questions?
1. Did you have any homecoming traditions?
Yep. Avoid homecoming. :)
I really don't get into going back to college or high school for that jazz. It's fine for some people, and for those that were all "up in the scene" back then, it may be neat to revisit their glory days...but I'm just not that person.
Meh....to each their own.
2. Do you ask your spouse before spending money?
If it fits into the envelopes, nope. That's precisely WHY we have envelopes!
If it's a large expenditure that's not budgeted, yep...we have conversations about it.
For example: my DSLR camera, his larger tools, cars, computers, furniture, etc.
3. If you could be famous for something what would it be?
Ha- my quick tongue. Blunt honesty. That's already what I'm known for...so, why not be famous for it?
4. Have you ever seriously thought you were going crazy?
Yep, most days! Ha!
Kinda like, "have me committed" crazy? No, not really. If I ever feel like my emotions are getting out of control, a nice long prayer is always good to refresh the issue.
I will say, though....that I was on quite a downward spiral a while ago. It was in our second year of marriage. I had recently had a miscarriage, and was totally jacked up on fertility meds. There was management change over at work, and they were messing around with my territory. I was horribly insecure, emotional, and just totally jacked up on hormones. To top that off, 4 of my friends announced pregnancies within 2 weeks of my original due date- and then one of them (my best friend- at the time) couldn't understand why I wasn't GUSHING all over her and her big news. I think that's the closest I've ever come to really "going crazy."
5. How do you eat your steak? Burger? (as in, well done, medium, still moo-ing...)
Mmmmmmm, steak. I like Ribeye Delmonico or and nice T-bone. Medium. Still pink in the middle.
And if it's done just right, I will pick up the bone and eat meat off of it. Sexy, I know....but that meat is so tender right off the bone. Oh my yum!