Friday, May 27, 2011

Random Friday List (and some 5QF!)

1.  It's the Friday before Memorial Day weekend!!!

2.  Do you have big plans?

3.  We have lots of plans (and a long, but distinguished to-do list) with lots of friends.

4.  I'm hoping to plant my garden this weekend.

5.  There's a dead hawk carcass in the back yard of the house behind us.

6.  Insult to injury:  there are crows circling everywhere and landing on the hawk.

7.  Scary apprehension:  today is the day that this lawn gets mowed.

8.  I hope they find the body before they mow it over.

9.  Baseball was cold and wet last night.

10.  Long run tomorrow.




Ok, here's some Five Question Friday!!!

1. Do you apologize to your kids?



If I've done something wrong, yes I do. 

I do not apologize for disciplining them. 

But they do need to see that mommy's and daddy's aren't always perfect in their behavior.  If I accidentally scratch him with my nail or not pay attention and step on his toe...well, yeah...that calls for an apology.

2. What color are your nails right now?

The color God made them.  (In other words, there is no paint on them.)



3. When you were growing up, how difficult was it for you to stay home from school sick? (As in, did you have to vomit or just say "I don't feel good".)

Depends on the symptoms.  If I was vomiting, it was a given.  Fevers were a dead lock to stay home.  Just "not feeling good" meant I had to give the run down of what was happening.

4. When is the last time you bought a new comforter for your bed?

When we moved our bedroom suite into the addition!  Actually, I take that back....I purchased it before we ever moved.  I packed it in a moving box, and decided not to pull it out until we were in our new room.  So...technically, I haven't bought a comforter in over 6 years.

Is it bad that I'm a little bored with it?  I keep catching myself looking at "home decor" in magazines and catalogs.  Ugh, I can be so selfish sometimes!

5. Favorite website(s)?

For what?  One of my favorite purchasing sites is Sierra Trading Post.  You can go through ebates and get money back, and the prices are really great anyway.
 
Of course, there's the Pioneer Woman.  Funny, snarky, honest.  Love her blogging.
 
I saw a thread on fb the other day that linked to a REALLY funny page:  http://damnyouautocorrect.com/.  Seriously, peed my pants at a few of those conversations.
 
And, if you know me at all, and my stance on govermnent, this favorite should not come as any surprise.  :)
 
 
HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY WEEKEND!

2 comments:

Mama M. said...

I was gonna put P-Dub down too, but figgerd it was a given for me! ;) LOVE DYAC!! Holy snorts, tears of laughter, and need for Depends!

Anonymous said...

You can totally kick the long run's b-u-t-t tomorrow! Whoot!